Installed Wrong Rom and device not being recognized

sunnysh

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
So I downloaded a stock firmware, turned out it was for note 2 (I think someone posted wrong link) and I flashed it with mobile odin. So now, It shows note 2 at startup and then a black screen. That's it. I am able to go into download mode but that won't do much since I keep getting "USB device not recognized" when connecting to different pcs, and I have tried different cables.

sunnysh

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, this is the first I've heard about JTAG, but have found a repair kit for jtag for note 10.1 (my tablet) which is $50. Maybe I'll try that out, but will search around more for more information. Again thank you very much.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, this is the first I've heard about JTAG, but have found a repair kit for jtag for note 10.1 (my tablet) which is $50. Maybe I'll try that out, but will search around more for more information. Again thank you very much.

Have you tried ADB?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
most of the time a normal ADB command or 2 will fix that stuff
I agree it is worth the 15 or 20 minutes to try. I was just more saying to not be too surprised it ADB doesn't work.

have you never bricked your phone?
Thankfully, no. Even considering all the stuff I have done to my devices; unlocked bootloaders, S Off for HTC, root/ROM, etc...

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I agree it is worth the 15 or 20 minutes to try. I was just more saying to not be too surprised it ADB doesn't work.

Yeah adb can really save your phone when you f***ed up something :)

Thankfully, no. Even considering all the stuff I have done to my devices; unlocked bootloaders, S Off for HTC, root/ROM, etc...

You have a m8 right? and as far as i know htcs are easy to brick! i have a nexus 4 that i bricked because i flash a gnex rom :) it booted though! even though it bootdd right into TWRP when i rebooted :) but im considering buying an m8 for the build! :)

sunnysh

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried ADB?

Like Golddriver97 said, it is like a grey area it boots up, i can even see the battery icon (not clearly though) when the tablet is turned off and plugged in for charging. I would have had this completely fixed if it wasn't for the device not being recognized, which was the main reason I was trying to install the stock ROM. But I will try ADB, but i doubt it will work. If not, looking towards the new Nexus 9.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Like Golddriver97 said, it is like a grey area it boots up, i can even see the battery icon (not clearly though) when the tablet is turned off and plugged in for charging. I would have had this completely fixed if it wasn't for the device not being recognized, which was the main reason I was trying to install the stock ROM. But I will try ADB, but i doubt it will work. If not, looking towards the new Nexus 9.

what happens if you boot it up while in your computer? any "pling" noises?

sunnysh

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
what happens if you boot it up while in your computer? any "pling" noises?

It does not make any noises on computer when I boot up the tablet normally, however, when I go into download mode, it does connect to the pc but it shows "USB device not recognized".

ADB devices it should state the serial number :) if so thats an awesome sign :)

I am not at home, but once I get home I will install adb and try to see if the device shows up. I doubt it will because 1)Keep getting the no recognition error and 2) since I installed a new rom with everything wiped, USB debugging is turned off.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
It does not make any noises on computer when I boot up the tablet normally, however, when I go into download mode, it does connect to the pc but it shows "USB device not recognized".

I am not at home, but once I get home I will install adb and try to see if the device shows up. I doubt it will because 1)Keep getting the no recognition error and 2) since I installed a new rom with everything wiped, USB debugging is turned off.

Seems like theres hope :) there are a LOT of ways to force it in to debug.

sunnysh

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Seems like theres hope :) there are a LOT of ways to force it in to debug.

I hope so! Have had this tablet for 2 years with no problems, and one time I play around with flashing I mess it up! Oh well, I will try getting this fixed if not, lesson learned. I appreciate all your help, gave me a sense of hope!

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I hope so! Have had this tablet for 2 years with no problems, and one time I play around with flashing I mess it up! Oh well, I will try getting this fixed if not, lesson learned. I appreciate all your help, gave me a sense of hope!

Yeah :) next time use a noob-proof program like cm installer witchs unlocks,custom recovery,root,rom :) am also new to root started 2 weeks ago :) on my galaxy nexus that i sold for a nexus 4. if you cant fix it sell it on ebay or try to install unversial android drivers that can detect notes :)

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site

And if you have problems let me know and i,ll try to help you!