its turn off after lock out time in the battery position

kami iceland

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Hellow guys

My samsung galaxy note 10.1 lately after the locked out time which you can arrange it for 5 , 10 second or more it goes dark and when i push the menu button doesn't wake up (just in the battery position not when is pluged in ) please help me ,, is
that hardware problem or software or there some adjusment in setting i have to do ,,??? i did search in the forum and google
but i didn't find anybody mention this problem .. everything else is working correct ,, if need more information let me know please .

thanks in advance

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! So is the problem that the tablet doesn't wake up when you press the Home button? Does anything else wake up the tablet, like the Power button? Or does it actually power off completely if it isn't plugged in? If it's powering off completely, then I'd worry about a bad battery. If it just isn't waking up from sleep, then the Home button might be faulty.

kami iceland

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi Diddy , thanks for reply ,, i did buy this 10 mounths ago and i didn't turn it on for a while ,, like 3 mounths , the battery i think is look ok to me , but like you said with home button or power button doesn't wake him up , but when is in charger is wake up normaly with home button , this happened when after 3 mounths i start it . any idea ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You need to clarify if the tablet sleeps (i.e., only the screen turns off) or if the the tablet completely powers off when you unplug it. You can tell if it completely powers off because turning it back on takes you through the whole boot procedure and the welcome screen. If that's the case, then it's the battery.

kami iceland

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
hi again and thanks for ur time

that i undrestand is compeletly turned off because no way wake up as i know until i push the power button and boot again

or maybe you know better how to find out is sleep or turned off ,, but i am wondering if this is the battery how is possible after

few mounths this happening .. is just new tablet ,, please inform me .. mant they say in forum for black screeen open and

dissconnect the battery and connect again .. or what do you think ? and i have to tell you i did use othe

adaptor to charge i mean head adaptor wire charger with usb connector is the same as you know of my

mobile samsung .. is it possible that made damage to the battery ?

thanks in advane

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You really can't damage a battery by using the charger from a different device. Even if that other charger had a higher maximum amperage, the device will only draw as much current as it needs.

My suspicion is that you have a defective battery. This can happen even with a relatively new device. Either contact Samsung to replace the battery, or bring it to a local repair shop.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rezaking886