Not so fond farewell

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Well the 2012 is pretty much EOA EOL but I just wanted to post one last time that this device also made me vow to never but a Samsung product. The lack of any updates past a minor release 3mo after release, the poor display, it was just a frustrating life for me and this device...

Luckily I got a better speedy to update nexus 9, oh crap....sometimes the grass isn't greener huh :)

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The dizzying pace of device development is a boon and a curse. It's great seeing the next big thing every 6 months or so, but it also means that the brand new device you have in your hands right now will also get obsolete more quickly. It's not efficient nor cost-effective for manufacturers to keep their old stable of devices fully updated when they're churning out so many new phones every year. The price of progress, I guess.:)

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
The dizzying pace of device development is a boon and a curse. It's great seeing the next big thing every 6 months or so, but it also means that the brand new device you have in your hands right now will also get obsolete more quickly. It's not efficient nor cost-effective for manufacturers to keep their old stable of devices fully updated when they're churning out so many new phones every year. The price of progress, I guess.:)

I applaud your positive take on such a tired issue, but if my reply can convince at least one less consumer from purchasing a Samsung product whilst still staying with Android, then mission accomplished.

I will never buy another Samsung device (phone, tablet, bluray player) which is reliant on Samsung for software or software updates. Samsung makes decent (and sometimes great) hardware offerings, but they will apparently always struggle with software.

Most Android consumers don't really care about OS updates as long as the device still keeps working. In that regard the $400 2012 Note 10.1 is a great device . . . for my children. Samsung won't ever fool me (or anyone else I can talk sense into) again.

I'll never submit to the pre-furnished boredom of Apple, nor will I sign a new lease with a landlord who won't update the fixtures because he is too busy selling new units to new customers.