ONE UI 2.5 Problems on AT&T Note10+

cogic740

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I have AT&T as my carrier and received ONE UI 2.5 update. Once installed I noticed
1. The assistant menu icon could no longer be hidden. The best I could was remove all the short cuts accept one. Make it transparent and dock it as an edge icon.

2. I can no longer optimize battery usage for apps. When I hit all to optimize it accepts. Close out and go back they are all shut off.

3. When I charged to 100% battery capacity, available time was 30 hours or one day and six hours. Now max capacity is less than twenty-four hours.

I've cleared the cache. I've done factory reset and rebuilt from scratch. I took screen shots of home screen settings and all other settings just to be sure. Still under twenty-hour battery capacity.

Has this happened to any other AT&T users. Rumors are either carrier or samsung removed these features to compell upgrading to note 20. So what you all?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
For #3 - how far have you been discharging the battery? That will determine how long it lasts. (Any lower than 40% and you're asking for a short battery life. 45% is a much better recharge point - some people recharge at 50%.)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
1. Which assistant ? When you slide to from edges?
2. What's all shut off? All apps are optimized by system.
3.thst can vary one cycle to the next
4.clear cache in recovery

cogic740

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
1. Accessibility]>Interaction and dexterity> assistant menu for single tap to swipe for phone answering and hangup.

2. Settings>Apps>3 dots>special access> optimize battery usage. Press all. All apps selected would be optimized. This option doesn't seem to function. It will show chooser apps are selected. But when I go back in they are all unselected again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
1. Accessibility]>Interaction and dexterity> assistant menu for single tap to swipe for phone answering and hangup.

2. Settings>Apps>3 dots>special access> optimize battery usage. Press all. All apps selected would be optimized. This option doesn't seem to function. It will show chooser apps are selected. But when I go back in they are all unselected again.
Ahh for #1 drag to top until x appears and it will disappear unless you reboot the phone and have to do the same again.

2. I'll look that up

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Some in that menu for optimize can't be optimized, now you go to the top and where it mentioned apps not optimize tap and choose all and you'll see a full list that are optimized

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87