Sensors stop working for no reason. Fine after reboot but then stop again.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I never had an issue with my Note 10+ until now.
The update before last caused this. They had an update about a week later that I thought was going to fix it, it didn't.
The last update was maybe a few weeks ago, I can't remember exactly.

The phone is fine after a reboot but after awhile, usually within a day, ALL the sensors stop responding.
Running the app "Sensors" just shows all of them waiting for input. The accelerometer, orientation, gyroscope, all of the main sensors just stop being recognized by the phone.

If I reboot it they work again until the next time, so it cannot be hardware related and how could they all stop at the same time anyway?
I never had this issue until that update.

I just want to know if this is just me or not I suppose. I keep hoping for another update that will fix it. Rebooting it does fix it for awhile but it still should not do this.

I have an unlocked Note 10+ I got from Amazon. I use Mint for my service.
Current software is Android version 11

Any advice, I do NOT want to factory reset it or anything drastic, I should not have to. :)

TIA!

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: Sensors stop working for not reason. Fine after reboot but then stop again.

Do u have developer settings on and turn off sensors under quick settings developer tiles?Screenshot_20210310-204427_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210310-204433_Settings.jpg

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Hi, I do have developer options turned on but the "sensors off" setting is off, however right now they are working. I will check that again when they stop working again but why would it start doing that on its own when it never did before?

I will report back. I really appreciate the reply, now I have something to check when it does that again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Hi, I do have developer options turned on but the "sensors off" setting is off, however right now they are working. I will check that again when they stop working again but why would it start doing that on its own when it never did before?

I will report back. I really appreciate the reply, now I have something to check when it does that again.
Yeah keep a eye , if that setting was turned on for some reason it can create a quick toggle in notification panel and can get activated that way, let me know what you find .

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Thanks man. I just don't understand why it would change all by itself, I am not doing anything weird on the phone and it never did this before.
I am also unsure why it is fixed after a reboot etc..

I just rebooted yesterday when I posted that so it may take until later today to start acting up again.

Edit: Here is what is funny, just for fun I went in and turned the "Sensors off" settings to on but the Sensors app still sees all the sensors. They still worked.

So I am unsure what that setting does but it does not turn the sensors off. I assume it simply allows other apps to do so?

Last edited:

undc111

Mar 12, 2021
Visit site
I have your same exact issue. DO NOT FACTORY RESET. It won't fix anything. I factory resetted 3 times and wasted a lot of time. There are other people complaining about this issue in other websites but there seems to be no solution. If anyone here could help it would be great.

Sensors that block are: gyroscope, luminosity, proximity, compass.
One thing I noticed is: right before all sensors block, compass starts acting weird, oscillating.
There are people complaining about this with Galaxy S10 as well.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate the reply. There is solice in that it is not just me.

The good thing is a simple reboot fixes it and it does not seem to do it more than once a day.

It was obvious it was from that update and they did not fix it in the one after.

Let's hope Samsung is aware of it and working on it.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So today I checked the sensors app and a bunch of sensors are "Waiting for input" however for the first time the accelerometer is still getting input when others are not. So I am wondering if they stop responding at the same time or randomly go out.

Such a weird issue. Samsung really needs to address this. So weird to begin with.

Btw the developer options have not changed.
Looks like rebooting is the only solution.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am posting here just as a data point for others that have issues at this point.

So I have not rebooted yet this morning, just testing. As mentioned above the Sensors app showed only the accelerometer working, out of the main sensors.
I wanted to keep checking it to see how long it would be before that stopped as well.

So I just checked and and guess what now the Geomagnetic Field and orientation are working again as well.

Now checking it the Gyroscope, Pressure, Gravity, Linear Acceleration are waiting for input.

So weird....

Going to wait to see what happens before I reboot again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty