How can I disable (ideally remove) Bixby?

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
...I am also stuffing INCORRECT DATA into every place that demands my data...

Ha. I remember a while back there was a concept of an ad blocker/defeater/anti-info-collector that in the background went around and "clicked on everything possible" as a strategy to result in so much wild data being collected from website visits that it would be meaningless to make any sense of.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the Tab S7+ (no Samsung phone) but I just Googled (ironic no?) remove bloat on Samsung and there are several sites that will give you instructions for using ADB from a PC which will at least allow you to uninstall Bixby (and all other bloat of your choosing) from the 0 (zero) user which is you! Works great. I no longer have Bixby showing up anywhere on my tablet, and I see no more nudges to update Bixby from the store. If you can read, and type, you can do it WITHOUT ROOT!
There's even a newer ADB that will work right on your Android phone if you don't want, or can't use a PC.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: What are the pros & cons of "Rooting " my Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus (Android 11)?

Back in the old days, we used to have these thick books delivered to our doorstep every year. It had a list of everyone in town - names, addresses and phone numbers - for all others to see.

Imagine that.

Here in the US, they used to include our social security number in our drivers licenses, and the college I went to used the SSN as our student ID number (that changed by the mid 80s).

Google is a major problem. The think is that you need a gmail account in order to use Google Play, and (if I'm correct) without Google Play you can't update your apps.

BTW, you don't have to have a gmail email account to have a Google account. My Google account actually uses an outlook.com email.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: What are the pros & cons of "Rooting " my Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus (Android 11)?

Back in the old days, we used to have these thick books delivered to our doorstep every year. It had a list of everyone in town - names, addresses and phone numbers - for all others to see.

Imagine that.

Here in the US, they used to include our social security number in our drivers licenses, and the college I went to used the SSN as our student ID number (that changed by the mid 80s).

BTW, you don't have to have a gmail email account to have a Google account. My Google account actually uses an outlook.com email.

SwytcH

Jul 26, 2021
Visit site
Hello

How can I remove Bixby from my Samsung Galaxy Note 10 plus (Android 11)?
I can't even find any way to disable it!

I have stopped it from firing up when I hit the Power button (on the left), but I can see that Bixby still has access to my Camera, my Contacts, my Location etc. I regard this as a violation of my privacy.

Do I have to "Root" my phone? If so how to I do that?

J

No, you can use the ADB Shell tool to uninstall packages. You can find several tutorials by looking up "Android ADB Shell tutorial". Be careful though, you'll want to back up your phone and research the packages you choose to uninstall.

SwytcH

Jul 26, 2021
Visit site

If your in the US it's pretty hard to root , and if done wrong it will break Samsung pay,Samsung pass,health app and few others for good on the device

You can also use the ADB Shell tool to uninstall packages (apps), including preloaded and system applications, without rooting your device.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

You can also use the ADB Shell tool to uninstall packages (apps), including preloaded and system applications, without rooting your device.
Yeah I'm aware but not a fan that way , I can simply disable with the app or enable without computer and command .

SwytcH

Jul 26, 2021
Visit site

Well, on most devices, you can remove the app from the screen panel, app icon, and even the app drawer (list), but, no way to completely disable the app. There are hundreds of permissions that aren't accessible, or even viewable (https://i.imgur.com/55qh5Rr.jpeg), using the device interface and using the "Disable" option in the app info only disables its use by the user. Manufacturer, carrier, and 3rd party apps can still collect and transfer data through the services that are installed alongside apps, even if the app is "disabled".

Sorry if my response comes across rude or arrogant, just passing on information that I'd want to know.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Well, on most devices, you can remove the app from the screen panel, app icon, and even the app drawer (list), but, no way to completely disable the app. There are hundreds of permissions that aren't accessible, or even viewable (https://i.imgur.com/55qh5Rr.jpeg), using the device interface and using the "Disable" option in the app info only disables its use by the user. Manufacturer, carrier, and 3rd party apps can still collect and transfer data through the services that are installed alongside apps, even if the app is "disabled".

Sorry if my response comes across rude or arrogant, just passing on information that I'd want to know.

No not at all didn't find your response rude , I definitely like this topic , I would have to test that out if the app would use data while disable , it shouldn't , same if you put the app in a deep sleep without interacting with it it should not process any data