Pre-ordering with Best Buy

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Good thing you switched it from in store pickup to shipping. Might have been a different story lol. Yeah. Even tho it was a mess both mine and my husband's note is worth it. Only reason why I went with bestbuy is for the blue. Lol.
Same here. I probably would have had an Aura Glow from Verizon. But I got a Blue 256 Verizon. I love it! It's so pretty and I can't stop looking at it and turning it over in light.

Casper4

Aug 19, 2019
Visit site
Same here. I probably would have had an Aura Glow from Verizon. But I got a Blue 256 Verizon. I love it! It's so pretty and I can't stop looking at it and turning it over in light.

Yeah me too, the blue being unavailable to order at Verizon is the only reason I went with BB.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Lmao I know right. I love looking at it. My favorite blue note yet.

VolMan37421

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
My Best Buy Preorder experience (first and LAST time)
Preordered on the 10th for 2 phones. Everything looked fine until Wednesday the 21st when I got the text message that there was a problem with my order and to call the help number. I did and spent 2 hours on hold to be told there were software issues between Verizon, Samsung, and Best Buy. All carriers had issues apparently and they hoped to have it resolved by launch day.

I got no further communication and decided to go to the store after work on Friday the 23rd. When we were pulling into the parking lot I got an email saying there was a delay with my order, if not resolved by 9/22 they would cancel my order. I walked into the store and they had my two phones ready and waiting.

HOWEVER, because of the software error, they could not release them to me. They were on hold with both Verizon and Best Buy for 2 hours. I chatted with Verizon and made sure my account was correct, which the local Best Buy associate saw that everything was correct. The Best Buys help desk said they saw that everything was correct but the "mobile back office" would have to correct the error and it would probably be sometime on Saturday the 24th. Needless to say we were not happy.

The Best Buy associate took down all our information and said she would work with it on Saturday to hopefully get everything ready for us to pick up the phones Saturday afternoon. She was very good at communicating with us throughout the day.

After keeping her on hold for about 4 hours, they told her we needed to be in the store with her to fix the error. She told them that was ridiculous and she wasn't going to have us come in to sit and wait for no reason. So, then after about 3 more hours of her being on hold, her own mobile back office team told her they weren't going to fix anything until they talked to the customer and hung up.

We lost it at that point. We cancelled our orders but thanked the local associate profusely. However, there were no offers of any compensation for our time or lost preorder deals.

That is completely reprehensible behavior and no way to conduct business. A software glitch caused all of the problems and no one seemed to want to fix it, which should have taken no more than a few keystrokes.

Needless to say we will NEVER use Best Buy for preorders, or any orders, for that matter.

I'm very glad for those of you who were able to get your phone without any problems. Congratulations and enjoy the Samsung credit.

We will never work with Best Buy again and I would strongly advise against anyone using them for anything in the future.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Preordered on the 10th for 2 phones. Everything looked fine until Wednesday the 21st when I got the text message that there was a problem with my order and to call the help number. I did and spent 2 hours on hold to be told there were software issues between Verizon, Samsung, and Best Buy. All carriers had issues apparently and they hoped to have it resolved by launch day.

I got no further communication and decided to go to the store after work on Friday the 23rd. When we were pulling into the parking lot I got an email saying there was a delay with my order, if not resolved by 9/22 they would cancel my order. I walked into the store and they had my two phones ready and waiting.

HOWEVER, because of the software error, they could not release them to me. They were on hold with both Verizon and Best Buy for 2 hours. I chatted with Verizon and made sure my account was correct, which the local Best Buy associate saw that everything was correct. The Best Buys help desk said they saw that everything was correct but the "mobile back office" would have to correct the error and it would probably be sometime on Saturday the 24th. Needless to say we were not happy.

The Best Buy associate took down all our information and said she would work with it on Saturday to hopefully get everything ready for us to pick up the phones Saturday afternoon. She was very good at communicating with us throughout the day.

After keeping her on hold for about 4 hours, they told her we needed to be in the store with her to fix the error. She told them that was ridiculous and she wasn't going to have us come in to sit and wait for no reason. So, then after about 3 more hours of her being on hold, her own mobile back office team told her they weren't going to fix anything until they talked to the customer and hung up.

We lost it at that point. We cancelled our orders but thanked the local associate profusely. However, there were no offers of any compensation for our time or lost preorder deals.

That is completely reprehensible behavior and no way to conduct business. A software glitch caused all of the problems and no one seemed to want to fix it, which should have taken no more than a few keystrokes.

Needless to say we will NEVER use Best Buy for preorders, or any orders, for that matter.

I'm very glad for those of you who were able to get your phone without any problems. Congratulations and enjoy the Samsung credit.

We will never work with Best Buy again and I would strongly advise against anyone using them for anything in the future.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck with all this. I posted about what needed to be done, and it's really a matter of proper authorization. The wait time is a bi-product of everyone having to call in and get transferred. The transfer had to occur because, BB retail stores, and their offices, do not have direct access to your Carrier mobile account, and they are not authorized to make changes to it, neither is the mobile back office. The Mobile back office, and the carrier needed to have you on the line to give verification and authorization for Best Buy to make changes to your account with your carrier. This is just like anyone else trying to access your account that isn't you, or pre-authorized to make changes to your account.

I do hope you end up being able to get your phones and enjoy them!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Good thing you switched it from in store pickup to shipping. Might have been a different story lol. Yeah. Even tho it was a mess both mine and my husband's note is worth it. Only reason why I went with bestbuy is for the blue. Lol.
Yep love the blue. And this afternoon Idropped off my Note 9 at UPS store using the return label from Sprint. Not missing it a bit. It was nice, and would be a nice back up but I was fine returning.

cvflowe

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My experience with Best Buy was great. I preordered my phone in advance. When it was available to pick it up, I received a text informing me it was ready. Once I arrived, it took me approximately 5 minutes. I activated it when I got home. ATT phone was another story. That took about 30 min total of listening them trying to sell me DirecTV and their slow home internet service.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Always willing to help out here you go!!!

View attachment 308202

Is that a white 256gb on AT&T pre ordered from BB? Mine is in "In Progress " limbo, first, at THE BB store they told me it would be there Friday August 23rd, then it was pushed back to Friday August 30th, now it's still saying "In Progress" and a pick up date in September. What kills me is at the same Best Buy a co-worker of mine walked in to that Best Buy and bought one on the spot. Doesn't pre ordered mean you get yours when their in the store?

MysticalDreams

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, my Saga continues... When I went to BB on Friday they told me my phone(blue) wasn't there yet but my MiLs phone (glow) was ready. I was going to wait to pick up my MiLs phone when mine was ready. The next we found out mine is Back-Ordered until September 6th.
I remembered they said the phones are not picked up, the computer just cancels the order. So I called yesterday and set up an appointment for today at 2:30.
I walk in and go to the Cell Department, they sent me to Geek Squad. I sat for 15 minutes for them to tell me I had to go back to the cell department. UGH OK so my 30-minute appointment isn't getting off on a good foot but it's still early, I have plenty of time to do my running around.
It's now 4 PM and the guy that is helping me has to leave for the day... I'm thinking Yea... ME TOO!!!
He leaves and the guy that took the other in the first place comes over to finish the setup.
It's now 5:30 and most the things I was going to do today are either closed or it is too late to drive there and do what I needed to do. So now I am on my 3rd wasted day at BB (day 1 was while I sat on hold for the activation issue for the better part of 8 or 9 hours and nothing got done.)
I finally left there about 6 pm... And I still get to go through this again when my phone finally arrives.

BTW I went to a BB that is about 30-45 minutes away from my house because the employee's at the local BB are all lacking in the common sense areas of life. That is the politest way I can say that...

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
BTW I went to a BB that is about 30-45 minutes away from my house because the employee's at the local BB are all lacking in the common sense areas of life.
this is why I only have things shipped. this is a common BB complaint/situation.

the Note 8 pre-order through them was a debacle and I swore never again. and I didn't. I will buy from them, when the item is available, and only ship it, but never pre-order or walk-in to collect it. bozos abound.

apologies to anyone here who works for BB and isn't a bozo.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
this is why I only have things shipped. this is a common BB complaint/situation.

the Note 8 pre-order through them was a debacle and I swore never again. and I didn't. I will buy from them, when the item is available, and only ship it, but never pre-order or walk-in to collect it. bozos abound.

apologies to anyone here who works for BB and isn't a bozo.

Hey stranger😊 how you been? Did you get a note10/+?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Yep love the blue. And this afternoon Idropped off my Note 9 at UPS store using the return label from Sprint. Not missing it a bit. It was nice, and would be a nice back up but I was fine returning.

Lol. I'm using my blue note9 as back up. Find it hard to use the note9 tho cause I can't stay away from my note10+ lmao

Anotherusr

Sep 29, 2017
Visit site

OK I'm going to try to sum this up as quickly as possible... If you can still get your phones that you canceled the pre order off of go back and pick them up (must be the same colors you picked at pre order). You will loose the $50 pre order discount but you can still get the Samsung goodies. I had your exact same problem, I canceled with intentions of going back to Verizon well long story short I still wanted aura blue so they let me just buy my phones I canceled. I still have my pre order receipt and soon as I got home I used the receipt on shop Samsung and got the message attached 24 hours later . Than after the message about waiting 6-8 weeks, today after only another 24hrs I got a message with my gift certificate and saying it expires in December. Believe me I'm done with best buy pre orders but I was still getting my Damn "gifts"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190825-183750_Shop Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20190825-183750_Shop Samsung.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20190826-231141_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20190826-231141_Gmail.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 16

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
doin' great. how bout you?

fixin' to get one. I bought my Note 8 was delivered 8/31/17 so Sprint is making me wait until 9/1/19. buncha tools!

I'm doing good. Dang. These places love making people wait. Lol. Be here before you know it tho. Which one you get and what color? I got the blue note10+

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87