Verizon Pre Order

sk576c

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Most likely. They usually let you trade in at any store and apply the promotional credits to your account.

I would prefer to do it in store. However when I inquired at the store last week about the fact that their promotion clearly states $450 trade in for a NOTE 4 they said it wasn't included. When I called Verizon that night the service rep confirmed (with his supervisor) that the Note 4 was included.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I would prefer to do it in store. However when I inquired at the store last week about the fact that their promotion clearly states $450 trade in for a NOTE 4 they said it wasn't included. When I called Verizon that night the service rep confirmed (with his supervisor) that the Note 4 was included.
It's included. The Verizon rep in the trade in department had to search to find that the S5 was included. Verizon has it buried for some reason.
4124a63be2497b1821e0038cadb249e6.jpg

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I went into a Verizon store today, talked to an ***** that worked there. Told me the $450 was only for people porting over from a different carrier. Couldn't convince him otherwise, and he wouldn't check into it. Didn't push it too hard as I'm not on unlimited, so would cost me quite a bit extra to switch over to one of those plans to qualify. Just not worth it, all to be tied to a 24 month payment plan.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I went into a Verizon store today, talked to an ***** that worked there. Told me the $450 was only for people porting over from a different carrier. Couldn't convince him otherwise, and he wouldn't check into it. Didn't push it too hard as I'm not on unlimited, so would cost me quite a bit extra to switch over to one of those plans to qualify. Just not worth it, all to be tied to a 24 month payment plan.

You don't have to port but you do have to be on one of their newer unlimited plans (not the very old 2009 unlimited). Verizon uses the unlimited to offer special deals on phones. Two years ago I got a great deal on a Motorola phone for my daughter. The deal was only available if you upgraded to unlimited. I have been happy with the plan. From what I see on the website, you can get a $200 prepaid visa card if you change to unlimited and do the $450 trade in.

I believe the BOGO offer also requires an unlimited plan. The offer requires you to put the new phone on a new line on your unlimited plan. You will get credits on your account for 24 months. I don't know what happens if you cancel the new line in less than 24 months. I would guess the credit would stop.

If you want to take advantage of either option, the easiest way an on-line order. Walks you through the process and you see the trade-in on your contract.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
You don't have to port but you do have to be on one of their newer unlimited plans (not the very old 2009 unlimited). Verizon uses the unlimited to offer special deals on phones. Two years ago I got a great deal on a Motorola phone for my daughter. The deal was only available if you upgraded to unlimited. I have been happy with the plan. From what I see on the website, you can get a $200 prepaid visa card if you change to unlimited and do the $450 trade in.

I believe the BOGO offer also requires an unlimited plan. The offer requires you to put the new phone on a new line on your unlimited plan. You will get credits on your account for 24 months. I don't know what happens if you cancel the new line in less than 24 months. I would guess the credit would stop.

If you want to take advantage of either option, the easiest way an on-line order. Walks you through the process and you see the trade-in on your contract.

The fly in the ointment for my family is we don't need unlimited. We do switch to unlimited for a month or two a year when I'm living out of our RV up north fishing. And its great, but very expensive compared to our normal 4gb plan. We are around wifi almost all the time, so just don't use much cellular data. I haven't checked, but if we have to stay on the unlimited plan to get the $450 deal, we'd lose a lot of money to get it. I assumed you could switch to it for a month, then switch back. Maybe not though.

Doesn't matter anyway. Just switching for a month makes it more expensive than other deals out there.

Christian Smith Plus

Aug 15, 2019
Visit site
After reading this thread I don't feel so alone lol. I was an iPhone guy since the iPhone 2 up until the 7. Instead of getting an iPhone X I decided to get a Galaxy Note 8 ( which I am writing this from right now ) despite my Mom, Dad, 2 sisters and brother all having iPhones.

Love my Note 8, I won't even trade it in despite a small screen crack. Keeping it forever, however I decided to finally break through and get my own plan away from AT&T.

I pre-ordered a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g Aura Color ( 256gb because the 512 were sold out ) and got an Unlimited plan. Its both my first time going off on my own ( switching carries to Verizon ) and Pre-Ordering a phone. It has a Ship date of 08-23-2019. I'm pretty excited.

jay887

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
has anybody started shipping yet? my dad has spring and got a shipping notification...as did several others in the Sprint forum!!! almost there...praying VZ starts shipping too!!!

Borarjti

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Maybe a question that has already been ordered but how are we getting the $150 credit to samsung.com? I had read if you preorder from anywhere i.e. Verizon, Samsung or wherever, that you got 150 for their website instead of headphone or the VR they have offered in the past. Thanks in advance.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Maybe a question that has already been ordered but how are we getting the $150 credit to samsung.com? I had read if you preorder from anywhere i.e. Verizon, Samsung or wherever, that you got 150 for their website instead of headphone or the VR they have offered in the past. Thanks in advance.
$150 credit to Samsung. Com

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
On the Verizon web site there are instructions. Also, just google it. The process is the same for everyone except those who bnb ordered from Samsung.

MRBULLRED

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I did the BOGO deal with Verizon. However when I look at my preorder page it shows only one phone. I chatted online with a rep an he assured me that its gonna be two phones. But from my app it looks funny to me. Let me try to post a pic.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190816-193829_My Verizon.jpg
    Screenshot_20190816-193829_My Verizon.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 18

Christian Smith Plus

Aug 15, 2019
Visit site
I did the BOGO deal with Verizon. However when I look at my preorder page it shows only one phone. I chatted online with a rep an he assured me that its gonna be two phones. But from my app it looks funny to me. Let me try to post a pic.

Curious to see it also, I'm still waiting on my VZW preorder...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95