No Notification LED

Zencyl

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I can’t think the last time I really found the led useful. I really haven’t worried about one since getting a galaxy watch.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I've learned to live without them quite awhile ago

I am sure I will get use to it .

Guess I am used to just noticing the light flashing

I never liked the camera flash so I wound use that

The other is the screen flash, guess I will find out later this week.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't bother me. With my aod notifications and edge lighting I won't miss it.i barely even pay attention to it now.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
We are still talking about LED notifications? It's 2019, come in now lol.

That made sense when AOD was not born yet. No need for it now.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
the camera has an led around it and there is an app you can download that will allow it to work for notifications. hope this helps

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
With always on display and ability to have all of your notification icons on there there is no need. This is coming form a historic hardcore blackberry guy, I lived by that notification LED but I don't miss it at all now.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
With always on display and ability to have all of your notification icons on there there is no need. This is coming form a historic hardcore blackberry guy, I lived by that notification LED but I don't miss it at all now.

BlackBerry user here too! I have to admit, the notification lite on the Note8, is kind of pointless, because it only gives you a few colors out of the box, and it doesn't let me associate the notification LED to the app color like edge lighting does. That's definitely something I also miss from my BlackBerry devices.

Full disclosure, I'm typing this on my BlackBerry Motion, lol. I won it from Crackberry, and kept it in the house as an emergency backup device. I still miss my Z10 and BB10 OS. My Passport was just Okay for me.

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
We are still talking about LED notifications? It's 2019, come in now lol.

That made sense when AOD was not born yet. No need for it now.

Just because you like AOD doesn't mean everyone does. I personally am not a fan of AOD. I prefer my LED notification but I will figure something else out since it seems all the new phones are moving towards not having one.

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
BlackBerry user here too! I have to admit, the notification lite on the Note8, is kind of pointless, because it only gives you a few colors out of the box, and it doesn't let me associate the notification LED to the app color like edge lighting does. That's definitely something I also miss from my BlackBerry devices.

Full disclosure, I'm typing this on my BlackBerry Motion, lol. I won it from Crackberry, and kept it in the house as an emergency backup device. I still miss my Z10 and BB10 OS. My Passport was just Okay for me.

You can do that with light flow. I have different colors set up for different aps.