IMPORTANT-I can see fingerprint reader hardware when phone in direct sun light!!!

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Well crap, the rectangle piece under the screen that makes the finger print reader is very very visible in direct sun. I was typing outside in the sun today and was clearly able to see it through my Gboard keyboard (white color).

I then started placing other light color objects and it is so easily noticable. Even on the AOD I can see it too if you look closely in direct sun light.

Please see pictures below and someone confirm if they see the same issue on their devices. You can only see this in direct sun light. Any shade and you won't see it.
Screenshot_20190824-173934_Photos.jpegScreenshot_20190824-174005_Photos.jpeg

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I just tried while I still had some sun outside and don't see it. I don't doubt that it's there and you do see it. I guess I don't really consider this an "issue" if I only see it when I'm in direct sunlight, with a white background and really looking for it. It's interesting that it can be seen though. Pretty cool.

whaddupdoe

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes I saw it too. Was walking from Chick-fil-A and noticed it. Definitely can see it good in daylight but I haven't noticed in any other lighting.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Just curious... Why is it important?
I thought maybe I have a defective unit? It is very obvious during sun light, especially typing on a white colored keyboard. Feel half *** designed by Samsung to be honest if that's how they want it to look.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I thought maybe I have a defective unit? It is very obvious during sun light, especially typing on a white colored keyboard. Feel half *** designed by Samsung to be honest if that's how they want it to look.

Probably not how they want it to look but really nothing they could do about it yet I'm sure.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site

I don't think there was any choice. the sensor needed the partial transparency in order to work properly.

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Not really Samsung fault. Just the limit of human technology right now.

As an engineer, it's hard to make things like that.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
At least you can tell it's a real hardware and not just a software feature to the phone... Further explains why most glass screen protectors don't play well with the fps.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well crap, the rectangle piece under the screen that makes the finger print reader is very very visible in direct sun. I was typing outside in the sun today and was clearly able to see it through my Gboard keyboard (white color).

I then started placing other light color objects and it is so easily noticable. Even on the AOD I can see it too if you look closely in direct sun light.

Please see pictures below and someone confirm if they see the same issue on their devices. You can only see this in direct sun light. Any shade and you won't see it.
View attachment 308018View attachment 308019

This i understand. But shining the screen with a UV light exposes a big box under the screen. Made a thread on the AC S10 series forum before.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Dang, never noticed that before. I'm sure that thanks to you guys, I won't be able to un-see this now. :)
LMAO. I discovered it, so will never be able to un-see that. Thank God only visible in direct sun. It will drive me crazy otherwise.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo