full screen night clock on wireless charger

noteboy100

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi all:
I cant seem to get a full size clock while on wireless charger. The always on display comes on only. I went into screen saver, and chose "alarm clock", but this does not help.
Any recommendations? Am I missing a step?
Thanks in advance!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you letting the screen time out? Screen saver will only come on IF the screen turns off automatically. If you use the power button, it will not come on. If you, however, use the power button while AOD is on and you let the screen turn itself off from the lockscreen, Screen Saver should kick in.

noteboy100

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I am letting the screen timeout. I look at the clock hours later, and it's still on the always on display, which of course is very small numbers...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Huh, so weird. Did you try any of the stock screensavers (just to make sure that whatever added the Alarm Clock isn't compatible maybe)? The one I kept trying was COLORS and it works on mine, even with AOD on (again, as long as I let the screen time out and don't manually turn it off).

Also check that you're not running any battery saving modes that might be restricting the use of the screensaver in the background or apps that draw over the lockscreen like Holey Light.

noteboy100

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
So, this is what I have found......If I put the phone into the cradle UNLOCKED, it will turn on the screensavers, including the clock! The disappointing part now is the bottom navigation bar stays lit.
I wonder if there is a way to turn that off?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
When you put the phone in the cradle while locked, is the screen on? And I think the bar only stays lit with 3rd party screensavers. IIRC it doesn't do that with the 'Colors' one at least.

noteboy100

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
If I put the phone into the cradle while locked, the "always on date and time" stays on. If I put it into the cradle while unlocked, the "night clock" will come on, but the "navigation bar" stays lit bright white, which of course is kind of bright and annoying. This is the stock app that came from Samsung.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If I put the phone into the cradle while locked, the "always on date and time" stays on. If I put it into the cradle while unlocked, the "night clock" will come on, but the "navigation bar" stays lit bright white, which of course is kind of bright and annoying. This is the stock app that came from Samsung.

If you put the phone to charge while the AOD is on, then that counts as the screen being off. The screen saver will only kick in if the screen is on and times out on its own.

Also, I don't see CLOCK as an option in mine so doubt it's a stock option. Do you have any clock or alarm apps that might include this? If it's a 3rd party app you can try opening the app first and forcing (if available) to use the whole screen. I don't see the bar for COLORS, PHOTO TABLE, or PHOTO FRAME, but I do for Google Photos (which isn't a first party app in this case) and a Fluid Simulation app I have.

RLeeSimon

Feb 24, 2019
Visit site
I have a BlackBerry KEY² Oreo and clock screen saver does NOT come on while charging via USBc QI receiver dongle (does work if plugged into wired charge) but worked in both circumstances for my Key¹ Oreo... huh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana