Can't use gift cert on Pre-order!!!

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
So went to pre-order the new Active watch 2 today and the gift certificate for $150 that I have doesn't work for pre-orders!!! It's so frustrating! I really wanted to order today to get the watch hopefully early, but now I have to wait until it goes on sale to use the gift cert.

sorry rant is now over lol

fredwardnelson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Same, just tried and it doesn't work. I don't mind waiting until it goes on sale though, as long as I can use it on the watch. It doesn't expire until December anyway.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Same, just tried and it doesn't work. I don't mind waiting until it goes on sale though, as long as I can use it on the watch. It doesn't expire until December anyway.

It's defiantly frustrating, I was hoping to pre order and maybe receive it before the 27th. My fear is that when it is released the shipping date will be pushed back into oct due to pre order sales... maybe I'm overthinking it lol. I was hoping to stop by my local Best Buy to see if they have it on display yet just so I can make sure I like the 44mm size

Last edited by a moderator:

jrp19

Sep 7, 2019
Visit site
I just got off a chat with Samsung.com, and they told me that since the e certificate was activated before the active 2 watch was released then we can't use the e certificate towards it even after the pre order.

mach1man

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I just got off a chat with Samsung.com, and they told me that since the e certificate was activated before the active 2 watch was released then we can't use the e certificate towards it even after the pre order.

What! That's ridiculous how can I not use a gift card for a purchase once its available... ugh

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
That's so wrong. Need to verify this. A consumer gift certificate is covered by consumer laws.
The 'no applying for items released after activation' is probably illegal.
Here's a synopsis :
Federal Gift Card Law

Thanks to the federal Credit CARD Act of 2009, gift certificates and store gift cards can't expire for five years. However, issuers can still charge an "inactivity fee" if the card has not been used within twelve months. (15 U.S.C. § 1693l–1).

jay887

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site

I would take that with a grain of salt

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I tried the code, it says applied successfully. I cancelled the order, since I am waiting for the LTE version, but now it says the code has already been used. LOL

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I tried the code, it says applied successfully. I cancelled the order, since I am waiting for the LTE version, but now it says the code has already been used. LOL
Did they send you a new code emailed? I cancelled my initial order and they emailed later on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Me2s