Waiting to get a Note 10 due to S11 rumors ?

tonydroid99

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
I was curious if any of you planning to get a Note 10 or 10+ were deciding to wait until S11 comes out.

Any potential buyers holding out or at least waiting closer to February's said S11 launch for more info once confirmed ?

Ice Universe, a lot of us are probably familiar with leaked some very possible features of the S11 like a camera with an "5x optical zoom, an upgraded design, major performance increases, next-gen memory, (radical) new battery tech, a supersized fingerprint sensor and a heavy focus on AI image processing."

Some people point out Samsung often goes two years or cycles before drastically upgrading the next S or Note phone. However if they're working on improving the S line this much, who knows what next years Note could look like. Or if they plan to merge S and Note into one product line but possibly with variants. The rumored upgrades of S11 sound like a lot more than just incremental improvements, even if only a few are delivered on.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
No matter what device you choose a new one is always around the corner. I can honestly say the note 10 is the best device to date for me. I own the iphone pro max also which is a close second. If you need a device now both are great choices.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
If you need/like the SPen there's no reason to wait. Even if they merge the S and Note lines I doubt it'll happen this soon.

isired

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
If you need/like the SPen there's no reason to wait. Even if they merge the S and Note lines I doubt it'll happen this soon.
Yeah I see them as 2 different phones - like you say, if you like/use the pen, why would you want the S11? And if you dint use the pen, why get the Note?

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm actually a little surprised at the rumors that Samsung is thinking about merging the S and Note line. I get that they are pretty similar in some cases but people like options and when you take those options away, people tend to start looking at what else is out there. I personally don't see the Fold taking off like they seem to think it will, to me a cell phone is meant to be light, convenient and not have a huge footprint... the Fold is the exact opposit of that. That's just me though, others may think it's the next best thing. As far as waiting for the S11, I wouldn't bother. I pre-orered an S10+ and just turned it in for a Note 10+ about 2 weeks ago. I had been with Notes since the Note 4 but when I went through the hassle with the Note 7 I sucks with the S line for a few years but now I'm back.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I'd wait for the Note11 always ends up being better than the S models. Or wait for the Note11 and pick up the S11 at a cheaper price than release.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
As mentioned already, there's always the next version of this or that. It's pointless waiting for next year's phone. We live in the present, not in the future. Get the note 10 now, sell or trade it in for the s11 later, Rinse and repeat.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
As mentioned already, there's always the next version of this or that. It's pointless waiting for next year's phone. We live in the present, not in the future. Get the note 10 now, sell or trade it in for the s11 later, Rinse and repeat.

Yup. The non stop waiting game...

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'll wait for the note 11 and see what that brings to the table. Not going to fall for the 2 phones a year next year. I had the note 9 and then the s10+, now the note 10+. I didn't really care for the note 9, the s10+ was a way better phone IMO. I like the s pen, so I got the note 10+. I am very pleased with the note 10+, so whatever they introduce on the s11, I'll wait for for those features in the note 11, providing there's enough to justify the update, these phones are getting to expensive, yearly updates are getting harder to swallow, specially when the update is minimal at best.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm a note user primarily for the pen so the S11 doesn't interest me. I just haven't gotten a Note 10 yet because I've still got the Note 8 and 9 on device payments with bill credits and don't want to pay full retail.

The camera rumors interest me, could mean great things for future phones, but I know it won't match my DSLRs.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't get the reason for merging the two. Is the S series hurting the Note series' sales because they're so SIMILAR? It's basically like Apple's "S" but SAMSUNG just does it 6 months after instead of waiting the following year.

If I wasn't an addict I would wait for the Note, upgrade once a year even though I rarely use the S-Pen. I'm basing it on having the latest and greatest. The S series is basically a PREVIEW of what the Note will be.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I don't understand this logic. There's always an S-line phone around the corner, and after the S-line is out, there's always a new Note-series around the corner. Putting off purchasing a phone just because a new model is just around the corner doesn't make any sense to me.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I don't understand this logic. There's always an S-line phone around the corner, and after the S-line is out, there's always a new Note-series around the corner. Putting off purchasing a phone just because a new model is just around the corner doesn't make any sense to me.

^

This.

If one waited for what was possibly out around the corner then there's a great possibility that one wouldn't make a purchase ever. ;)

If the N11 ticks my wants and needs boxes I'll buy it from Samsung.

If not I'll stick with the N10+ 5G > simples. :)

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I was on the fence to wait for the SNote-13+. It is going to have ALL of the bells and whistles that have not been announced.

One could wait for years since they are creating new stuff all the time.
Love my Note 10+

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm fairly confident that the S and Note merge will happen early next year, they can't launch an S model being so mega superior to the Note and wait a full 6 months with the Note... It will happen.
August September will be the time they launch the foldable 2 one without a pen and one with a pen that probably cost 2k & a kidney

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty