11-26-2019 04:17 PM
49 12
tools
    I see many charging test on Youtube, the Galaxy Note 10+ only takes 1 hour and 5 minutes to charge from 0% to 100%, while my Note 10+ takes more than 1 hour and 30 minutes to charge from 0% to 100%.
    When I bought note 10+
    Charging was all ok but after update, I'm facing an issue with charging time it takes
    11-03-2019 06:12 AM
    Have you enabled fast charging? Why are you letting it totally drain? You really shouldn't go below 40% charging if you don't want to damage your battery
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-03-2019 06:36 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    11-03-2019 08:57 AM
    Is this wireless or cable ?
    Try different cables or chargers ?
    11-03-2019 08:58 AM
    If you are using the wired charger.
    Turn the display off. There IS a difference between charging times with the display on vs off.
    Even some YouTube "experts" have found that out.
    11-03-2019 09:07 AM
    If you are using the wired charger.
    Turn the display off. There IS a difference between charging times with the display on vs off.
    Even some YouTube "experts" have found that out.
    Huge difference...
    milleniumdroid likes this.
    11-03-2019 09:53 AM
    Also, the charging tests you see on YouTube are the first time the battery was brought down to 0%. Constantly doing that kills the battery. Lithium batteries are not deep-discharge batteries. If you can't charge it by the time it gets down to 40%, turn it off.
    11-03-2019 02:30 PM
    Also, the charging tests you see on YouTube are the first time the battery was brought down to 0%. Constantly doing that kills the battery. Lithium batteries are not deep-discharge batteries. If you can't charge it by the time it gets down to 40%, turn it off.
    Turn it off Haha, people don't pay all this money for a phone to turn the phone off when their battery gets to 40%. Let's be honest most people only keep their phone 12-24 months no real damage will be done to the battery in this time.
    11-03-2019 04:24 PM
    Have you enabled fast charging? Why are you letting it totally drain? You really shouldn't go below 40% charging if you don't want to damage your battery
    That letting the battery get below 40% is bunk. That's now how Lithium Ion batteries work. That's garbage that was posted years ago and it still seems to be hanging around.
    11-03-2019 07:50 PM
    That letting the battery get below 40% is bunk. That's now how Lithium Ion batteries work. That's garbage that was posted years ago and it still seems to be hanging around.
    But going to zero is not a good thing
    11-03-2019 08:13 PM
    Agreed. I always do my best to do the 80-40% charge discharge method. Obviously sometimes it's not possible and I'll charge it at 35% to 80.-85.%
    I currently also use 5W charger. Takes approx 25% an hour but nice and slow.
    11-03-2019 08:19 PM
    Shutting off at 40% is rather extreme and I don't know anyone else suggesting that. But he is correct that Li-ion batteries are not deep discharge batteries. It's quite possible to kill one in less than a year due to poor charging habits, and Battery University has done the testing showing the difference between running full cycles and keeping it at that happy medium.
    11-03-2019 08:23 PM
    But going to zero is not a good thing
    Not quite true either. There is circuitry built into the battery to prevent the battery from completely discharging.

Even though the phone says 0%, there is approximately 5% of actual battery charge left.
    11-03-2019 08:30 PM
    Shutting off at 40% is rather extreme and I don't know anyone else suggesting that. But he is correct that Li-ion batteries are not deep discharge batteries. It's quite possible to kill one in less than a year due to poor charging habits, and Battery University has done the testing showing the difference between running full cycles and keeping it at that happy medium.
    Again, bunk.
    11-03-2019 08:32 PM
    11-03-2019 08:37 PM
    Yes. I read it. And I think you didn't understand what you read.

It's not as simple as you seem to think.
    11-03-2019 08:55 PM
    Yes. I read it. And I think you didn't understand what you read.

It's not as simple as you seem to think.
    Several of us explained our side. So how about instead of telling us we're wrong, why not do the same and explain how we're wrong and show some data to back it up (I'll gladly read it). Saying we're wrong over and over accomplishes nothing.
    tube517, Makad and pool_shark like this.
    11-03-2019 09:04 PM
    I always charge mine between 5 to 90 or 15 to 90
    You need to reach 90 to reset usage cycle in battery stats. Never let battery die often then charge it up not good for long term and keeping it out of extreme temperatures.
    11-03-2019 09:06 PM
    People can do whatever they want, but just be aware that habitually discharging your battery deeply will definitely shorten its lifespan. Call it bunk if you want, and continue doing it if you want, but if you want to preserve your battery, it's advisable to avoid those frequent deep discharges.

Let's not toss around casual insults on this thread please.
    11-03-2019 09:39 PM
    Not quite true either. There is circuitry built into the battery to prevent the battery from completely discharging.

Even though the phone says 0%, there is approximately 5% of actual battery charge left.
    We are all well aware of protective circuitry. I meant relative zero which is what you're describing and that's just bad.
    11-03-2019 09:44 PM
    I think what Rukbat suggested about turning the device off if you can't charge it when it gets to 40% is somewhat drastic, but I look at it as more of a guideline. As a general rule of thumb, I try to get it on a charger once the phone gets to the 30-40% range.

The 5% of actual battery charge left when the device reads 0 is a safety net -- but if the battery continues to drain further until it reaches true 0, then my understanding is that it's irreversibly discharged, so that's another thing to be cautious about.
    11-03-2019 09:53 PM
    I think what Rukbat suggested about turning the device off if you can't charge it when it gets to 40% is somewhat drastic, but I look at it as more of a guideline. As a general rule of thumb, I try to get it on a charger once the phone gets to the 30-40% range.

The 5% of actual battery charge left when the device reads 0 is a safety net -- but if the battery continues to drain further until it reaches true 0, then my understanding is that it's irreversibly discharged, so that's another thing to be cautious about.
    I agree..... In my line of work it's easy not to let it drop too low. If I can bump it above 40 I do but I go as low as 30 and sometimes 20. I avoid zero at all costs but I'm not perfect.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-03-2019 10:05 PM
    Hahaha. Dont think im making fun of you. But that's me. But i do it at 50%. More Extreme than Extreme xD.
    11-04-2019 04:45 AM
    Hahaha. Dont think im making fun of you. But that's me. But i do it at 50%. More Extreme than Extreme xD.
    You have to go with works for you. There is no right or wrong ... Just shades of more correct.
    11-04-2019 06:17 AM
    Here's another thought for all of you who go down to below 30%:
    What if your power goes out or another emergency happens? That's when you need a communication device.
    Just like my car, once at the half a tank, look for gas. And, yes you could have a backup charger ( I do).
    11-04-2019 08:44 AM
49 12