Note 10 plus warming up/heating up

Hesham Helal

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
Hey all,
I have been recently downloading all of my apps one app at a time from the play store as i am not willing to migrate all the apps from my s8 plus, so when i am doing so while connected to the wifi, i have realized that my phone warms up and starts losing battery faster than usual, is that normal??

TLDR: my phone warms up and loses battery fast when downloading multiple apps at a time from the play store

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty normal in my experience, especially if you're installing a lot of apps. It doesn't matter if you're doing them one at a time vs. having them all queued up as a large group.

Hesham Helal

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
That's pretty normal in my experience, especially if you're installing a lot of apps. It doesn't matter if you're doing them one at a time vs. having them all queued up as a large group.

Aha makes sense then. The thing is i panic whenever the battery is behaving in a weird manner, just because as i mentioned in my previous threads, i tend to leave my phone off for extensive periods of time before switching it on again, so i am always worried that would dsmage the battery. Plus when i switch it back on again after 15 days and lets say it was off at 80 percent , i find it at 79 percent battery and then for the first few minutes of it being switched on (5 min or so) it drops to 76 ir 75 percent does that make sense?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's also not that surprising. The phone is probably ramping up certain processes (like various apps syncing data) right after you turn it back on again.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Switched off, completely

Lets say you turn it off for 8 hours with 100% of battery. And when you turn it back on it shows 98% for instance. Its normal. If im not mistaken, turning it completely off and turning on airplane mode(cellular/wifi/bluetooth off) doesn't make a huge difference.

Hesham Helal

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
Lets say you turn it off for 8 hours with 100% of battery. And when you turn it back on it shows 98% for instance. Its normal. If im not mistaken, turning it completely off and turning on airplane mode(cellular/wifi/bluetooth off) doesn't make a huge difference.

But why, i mean the phone is off so nothing is running at all not a single process i guess

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Erm... It has a clock thus it uses a bit of battery. And booting up a phone drains battery as well...
I too have noticed that with every smartphone I have owned, that booting it up from being completely off does seem to drain between 2% and 5% of the battery .

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I too have noticed that with every smartphone I have owned, that booting it up from being completely off does seem to drain between 2% and 5% of the battery .

Different phones use different amount of battery to boot. For instance my N10+ uses 1%-2% of battery whereas my previous P30 Pro would use 0%-1% of battery. And depends on how long you turned the phone off.

Hesham Helal

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
Different phones use different amount of battery to boot. For instance my N10+ uses 1%-2% of battery whereas my previous P30 Pro would use 0%-1% of battery. And depends on how long you turned the phone off.

Aha, so when I see 2 percent less battery that's actually lost during the boot up??

Hesham Helal

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
That's also not that surprising. The phone is probably ramping up certain processes (like various apps syncing data) right after you turn it back on again.

Hey B.diddy,
I have now experimented with my phone being idle and with wifi being off, but still I seem to get battery drain around 1 percent every 2.5 hours or so. What is your take on that

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey B.diddy,
I have now experimented with my phone being idle and with wifi being off, but still I seem to get battery drain around 1 percent every 2.5 hours or so. What is your take on that

That seems normal, assuming you mean the phone is still powered on. That means the phone would still have a standby time of >10 days, which is impressive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress