Ringtone

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to set a special ringtone for all non-contacts? (Same as one special ringtone for all contacts. I have thousands so not practical to do one at a time)

Thanks

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I think you can set ringtones per group. So if you create a group in Contacts you can set that Group to it's own ringtone ... at least you used to be able to do that. Not sure now. Also you can set each contact in Contacts their own personal ringtone, so the Group thing should still work.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I think you can set ringtones per group. So if you create a group in Contacts you can set that Group to it's own ringtone ... at least you used to be able to do that. Not sure now. Also you can set each contact in Contacts their own personal ringtone, so the Group thing should still work.
I think the issue is that the OP has 1000 contacts and wanted a simple method to have non contacts have their own ring.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I think the issue is that the OP has 1000 contacts and wanted a simple method to have non contacts have their own ring.

Seems like it wouldn't be very difficult to create one group called "All" or something similar. Then select every contact and add a specific ringtone for the group. It's not that time consuming to just tap each contact even if there are a ton of them. That way all non-contacts would use the "default" ringtone, and everyone in contacts would get the "group" ringtone.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Seems like it wouldn't be very difficult to create one group called "All" or something similar. Then select every contact and add a specific ringtone for the group. It's not that time consuming to just tap each contact even if there are a ton of them. That way all non-contacts would use the "default" ringtone, and everyone in contacts would get the "group" ringtone.
You don't have to convince me. The OP stated he has thousands of contacts. Creating a group sounds like it would save some time as opposed to adding a ring to each contact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthHONK