Time is money so everybody is buying a 45w charger (vs stock 25w charger)?

Will you be getting a 45w charger or sticking with the 25w stock?

• Total voters

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
They say time is money so does that mean everybody has the 45 charger (which is nearly twice as powerful as the 25w charger) on preorder?

If you're sticking with the stock charger and ordered the Note 10+, why wouldn't you get the charger if you can save a lot time and possibly a get a return with that time just by plugging it in.

Sucks that the 45w chargers are on backorder and won't be shipped until several weeks after getting the Note.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190817-124437_Shop Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20190817-124437_Shop Samsung.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 54

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
They say time is money so does that mean everybody has the 45 charger (which is nearly twice as powerful as the 25w charger) on preorder?

If you're sticking with the stock charger and ordered the Note 10+, why wouldn't you get the charger if you can save a lot time and possibly a get a return with that time just by plugging it in.

For me it's just not worth $50 bucks. With the 25W I could plug my phone in when I wake up, and by the time I leave in the morning it should be fully charged.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
For me it's just not worth $50 bucks. With the 25W I could plug my phone in when I wake up, and by the time I leave in the morning it should be fully charged.

I would think most people have their phones charged at 100% first thing in the morning. Its around 4-6pm (for power users) when you are still doing stuff, running around when you need to charge the phone. Weekends are big too for when you are out and about and need the fastest possible charge possible.

Hey man, I'm trying to sell myself and justify a FIFTY DOLLAR freaking wall charger! lol I need support that its a necessity. I actually used my Samsung Pay points but still I could of bought something else. Na. 45w will save me a LOT of time over the next many years.

I think phone makers have just found a way to make chargers obsolete. Add a few more watts on the next years models. 2018 fast wireless (but really slow) charging pads are nearly worthless (literally $6 on ebay). 2019 Samsung brought 12.5w wireless chargers and now 15w wireless chargers. So offer a 55w charger next year and many people that bought the 45w will upgrade to 55w. lol crazy but good idea.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
For this reason we carry our charging packs

That's really inconvenient. I don't even carry a wallet with me anymore. Ever. I'll do anything not to carry anything with me. You can make things more convenient by having a phone that charges in almost half the time (up to around 75%) as a stock charger and eliminating the need for charging packs.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I would think most people have their phones charged at 100% first thing in the morning. Its around 4-6pm (for power users) when you are still doing stuff, running around when you need to charge the phone. Weekends are big too for when you are out and about and need the fastest possible charge possible.

Hey man, I'm trying to sell myself and justify a FIFTY DOLLAR freaking wall charger! lol I need support that its a necessity. I actually used my Samsung Pay points but still I could of bought something else. Na. 45w will save me a LOT of time over the next many years.

I think phone makers have just found a way to make chargers obsolete. Add a few more watts on the next years models. 2018 fast wireless (but really slow) charging pads are nearly worthless (literally $6 on ebay). 2019 Samsung brought 12.5w wireless chargers and now 15w wireless chargers. So offer a 55w charger next year and many people that bought the 45w will upgrade to 55w. lol crazy but good idea.

Don't get me wrong, I get where you're coming from. It's just I have so many other means of fast charging (bricks, wireless chargers, car chargers, and battery pack). Granted they won't be as fast as Samsung's 45W charger, but it hasn't been a problem for me yet. If it becomes an issue I'll reconsider, but for now I don't feel it's necessary.

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I would want to see a test on how much faster the 45W charger does it. Does it go 0-100 in 30 min? 45 min? 65 min is pretty damn good for the 25W charger.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Something to consider is if the phone would even make use of the higher wattage. Most phones and stock chargers are matched, meaning the phone charging rate maxes out the same as the stock charger's output. For example, if the phone accepts 2A max, the stock charger will put out that much as well. If you use a higher rated charger, the phone is still limited to 2A and charging speed doesn't change.

I would wait and let someone else be that guinea pig, then find out if it not only charges faster, but fast enough to justify the price tag. If it hypothetically only saves 5 minutes on your charge time, is it really worth $50 to you?

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Usually I can wake up and put my Note 9 on charge at 6.15am and by 7.15 its charged. It will then go all day/night to 6.15 the next morning with usually around 65-70% battery left, then charge again (normal charge, not fast charge)

I don't think I have a need for 45w charging as the 25w brick should be faster charging than my Note 9 anyways.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Well we've got $150 from Samsung to play with. I already have the new duo pad with the fast charge 2.0 12W charging on the left pad. I'm curious what additional benefit I'll get from the 15W wireless charger.

I think I will use part of my gift certificate on the 45W wired charger though.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
No we don't.
Well we've got $150 from Samsung to play with. I already have the new duo pad with the fast charge 2.0 12W charging on the left pad. I'm curious what additional benefit I'll get from the 15W wireless charger.

I think I will use part of my gift certificate on the 45W wired charger though.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I won't buy it until I feel I need it. I have a desk job (90%) with a 20 minute commute. With the abundance of wired and wireless chargers I've amassed, I simply have no use for the 45w right now. Not to mention those slim battery packs. I can't think of a situation where I'd be hard pressed for an ultra quick charge. Not even if I'm out of the office all day.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I generally don't have much issue with ending up on the low end of my battery's SOC now. So I don't see much need to upgrade my existing hardware so long as I don't run into issues where my usage while charging it's faster than the ability to charge (only tends to come up in the car occasionally). That said, I did order this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B018...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6606802

I have a similar unit by Anker, but with a QC 3.0 port which I use for travel. It reduces much of the clutter of carrying multiple chargers and since I tend to be in and out of my hotel often, it allows me to maximize charge if I need to before I head back out. I usually wireless charger at home as well, but will plug into a QC charger if some plans come up and I want to boost up really quick before I leave. I'll probably leave this new one plugged in at home while I'm not traveling for the same reason, but will not be part of my typical charging process.

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site

Lol, you could plug in a 5 watt charger before bed and your phone would be fully charged by morning !
I ordered 2 45 w chargers (free) from Samsung, but they won't be delivered till Sept , so I bought 1 on Amazon to tie me over , already here waiting for my note 10+

jay887

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
That's really inconvenient. I don't even carry a wallet with me anymore. Ever. I'll do anything not to carry anything with me. You can make things more convenient by having a phone that charges in almost half the time (up to around 75%) as a stock charger and eliminating the need for charging packs.

It's pretty convenient for me and my family 🤷🏾

Last edited:

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
does anyone have a guess as to how long it will take to charge using USB, either attached to a computer or to the car?

Regards.... Steve

As mentioned before, car adapters come in a lot of configurations. There are QC and PD chargers available as well as the a legacy USB stuff, which can come in different current outputs.

Computer USB ports also vary. The original USB configuration only required a minimum of 500 mA output from a computer. It was bumped up to 1500 mA with 3.0 with devices like phones. USB C introduced PD so it can vary by a laptop's capabilities.

This article provides a little more explanation:

https://www.extremetech.com/computi...ks-or-how-to-avoid-blowing-up-your-smartphone

Shelacios

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I'll be getting the 45w charger with some of the $200. I have access to a charger at work, but always on my phone at home and often need a quick charge before I leave.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87