So is Whitestone Dome the gold standard?

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
So my factory screen protector is starting to develop bubbles and slightly peeling at the corners. Is Whitestone still the best glass alternative that will work best with the fingerprint sensor?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
So my factory screen protector is starting to develop bubbles and slightly peeling at the corners. Is Whitestone still the best glass alternative that will work best with the fingerprint sensor?

I found a cheaper solution than whitestone dome and it does the same thing. Has worked great for me so far. It's call amfilm and it comes with the UV light etc. I paid $42 and some change and free shipping. While they sent me the one for the note10 when I ordered the note10+ they let me keep the note10 one and sent me out the one for the note10+. The other one ended up on my husband's note10 lol. And it comes with 2 screen protectors. The fingerprint scanner can be a little iffy at times but I think most of the time I don't have thumb on there right and have to press a little harder. But I'm happy with it. I haven't tried whitestone dome tho.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I found a cheaper solution than whitestone dome and it does the same thing. Has worked great for me so far. It's call amfilm and it comes with the UV light etc. I paid $42 and some change and free shipping. While they sent me the one for the note10 when I ordered the note10+ they let me keep the note10 one and sent me out the one for the note10+. The other one ended up on my husband's note10 lol. And it comes with 2 screen protectors. The fingerprint scanner can be a little iffy at times but I think most of the time I don't have thumb on there right and have to press a little harder. But I'm happy with it. I haven't tried whitestone dome tho.
Thank you. I'll take a look at it.

DrRafaelPenguin

Aug 21, 2019
Visit site
I bought the Whitestone from Amazon but then returned it. It seems like it's very hit or miss with the FPS from the reviews I've read, even if you do every step correctly. It just wasn't worth the risk for me in the end, but if you don't use the fingerprint scanner then there's really no downside to it.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I've tried all types of glass screen protectors and found that either they don't stay put on the screen as some only have adhesive on the edges or they have dead spots etc as there's a gap between the protector and the screen.

I came across the Whitestone Dome option for my s8 and honestly I've never looked back and used them on all my subsequent phones.

Yeah they are one of the most expensive but not as expensive as possibly replacing a display.

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
In one word, yes. It takes some patience, following instrucrions and one mustn't be clumsy but once it is on, it is great!

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I watched a video of someone installing a non-WSD protector, that didn't come with the set up that WSD has, and I thought, there is no way in heck I would have any patience to manually line up the screen, make sure the adhesive isn't dripping down the sides of my phone, and try to finnese a foam wedge out from beneath the screen, and THEN wiggle the screen around to line it up JUST so.

He was quite pleased with his installation, but it was painful to watch.

I ordered the WSD within 5 minutes after placing my Note 10+ pre-order. I still haven't installed it yet, simply because I'm still using the factory installed screensaver - but once it starts to show peeling, bubbles or wear, I'm putting the WSD on.

For ME - it is the gold standard.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I wished it had worked out for me. I put the WSD on with no problems and it looked great. I have a habit of changing cases two or three times a week and as I put on my Supcase Pro it lifted the corner of the WSD and crated a bubble that I could not get to go away. My OCD kicked in and I took off the protector. Sad for me because all I can think about is my N9 where my screen was scratched, somehow. I guess I will just be ever vigilant to protect the screen from here on out.

transamgrrl

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I found Whitestone after I got my Note 8. I was using a Note 4 before I got the 8, and I never did find a glass screen protector for the Note 4 that worked well. So right after I got the Note 8, and the old man got a S8, we started using the Whitestone dome glass and haven't gone back.

They are expensive initially, but make sure to register for the warranty and you can get a replacement for the cost of shipping. I was looking at cheaper screen protectors for the Note 10 I just bought, but I use the fps so I decided to go with Whitestone for my new Note 10 since they seem to guarantee that the fps should work.

Also, right now Whitestone has a sale going on, 25% off the newest phones and more for older phones.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I wished it had worked out for me. I put the WSD on with no problems and it looked great. I have a habit of changing cases two or three times a week and as I put on my Supcase Pro it lifted the corner of the WSD and crated a bubble that I could not get to go away. My OCD kicked in and I took off the protector. Sad for me because all I can think about is my N9 where my screen was scratched, somehow. I guess I will just be ever vigilant to protect the screen from here on out.

I thought they offered free replacements for the cost of shipping. Might be worth it to give it another go.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I thought they offered free replacements for the cost of shipping. Might be worth it to give it another go.

They do. My Note 10 + slid off of my lap getting out of the truck and fell on the lower left front corner. The WSD cracked there (doing it's job protecting the screen) I went to their website, submitted a warranty request and replacement is on the way for $9.95.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty