Bought Note 2 rooted with cyanogenmod. I want to go back to factory settings

missjunior

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: bought note 2 rooted with stupid cyanogenmod o want to gp back to factory settings

My phone doesn't even go into download mode. It just says reboot wipe retire back up and advanced no download mode. Even in the video you sent it shows using triangle away?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: bought note 2 rooted with stupid cyanogenmod o want to gp back to factory settings

My phone doesn't even go into download mode. It just says reboot wipe retire back up and advanced no download mode. Even in the video you sent it shows using triangle away?

That's recovery mode. Download mode is volume down + home and power.
You can use triangle away to reset the flash counter, but it's not necessary. You'll still be in rooted by flashing the stock firmware

Posted via Android Central App

missjunior

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

I keep reading everywhere that I have to reset the bianary number. And when I attempted to do it my lap top doesn't even recognize my phone or ordin

Last edited:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I keep reading everywhere that I have to reset the bianary number. And when I attempted to do it my lap top doesn't even recognize my phone or ordin

You don't have to, it's only if you need to send it back for an insurance claim. Flashing the stock ROM will fully remove root

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Does it say COM: (any number)?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

That is fine. Odin takes a few minutes to work.

missjunior

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

Well I left it plugged in for a while and got nothing. I looked at other forums it says Odin doesn't recognize it and neither does my PC because I need to DL a USB driver. Anyone know a good site to get a link from?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Well I left it plugged in for a while and got nothing. I looked at other forums it says Odin doesn't recognize it and neither does my PC because I need to DL a USB driver. Anyone know a good site to get a link from?

Samsung's own website.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

OK well on the Odin the firstbox doesn't turn yellow

What Odin version are you using? Some versions have a blue box, not yellow

missjunior

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

In the picture that's describes where the box is and it could turn blue or hello it doesn't change at all

missjunior

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

My comp does not recognize my device I've debugged it and looked through my device settings says my device is is giving it trouble and can't download the driver correctly. I don't know what to do anymore I just want my phone normal!!

missjunior

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

My comp does not recognize my device I've debugged it and looked through my device settings says my device is is giving it trouble and can't download the driver correctly. I don't know what to do anymore I just want my phone normal!!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

This might sound dumb, but have you tried using another USB port or using a different USB cable?

missjunior

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

Yes tried all that. Even trued using the zag file or whatever from the CyanogenMod website .

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

Just out of curiosity, why don't you want CM? Would you be OK with a TW ROM?

missjunior

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

I can't do anything. I don't have the ROM manager to download the app store for cm when I did download mobigenie and tried to DL gmail it wouldn't open this is a disaster something is wrong with it. I just want it back to normal. I wanna cry

Melinium

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

Install Samsung Kies 3.0, the USB drivers are installed at the same time and reboot your computer. Disconnect the phone and lauch Kies, you need the Model and serial number, they are hidden under the battery so write them down before starting. select the Menu Tools -> Firmware upgrade and initialization and follow the instructions, i have restored my GNote2 with this tool when i have bought the GNote3. The process take some time, almost half an hour in my case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer