Anyone say "no" to iPhone 5 and "yes" to Note 2?

ViennaGambit

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I have the S3, wife has iphone 5, her mom has iphone 4s. Wife gave me her iphone4 for a backup while I save money to get the Note2.
I never did like the restrictive nature of iphones. Plus I don't care for the underhanded business practices of Apple. Hope Apple folds really soon somehow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

Hey man - how are you finding it with your wife on Iphone and you on SG3? My wife will be keeping her IP5 and I am going to Android in the next few weeks. Is it a pain in the ass to communicate via sms and the like? Find good work-arounds?

This is my ONLY worry about making the switch to Android as my wife and I have been Iphone users since the beginning.

lingo622

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey man - how are you finding it with your wife on Iphone and you on SG3? My wife will be keeping her IP5 and I am going to Android in the next few weeks. Is it a pain in the ass to communicate via sms and the like? Find good work-arounds?

This is my ONLY worry about making the switch to Android as my wife and I have been Iphone users since the beginning.

My fianc? has always had an iPhone and I've been using Android and there's never any issues communicating via sms or anything. Only think you won't get is the emoji icons initially, but you can download other messaging apps that can use those.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

mccabegc

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I have owned every iPhone up until now. I have branched into the Android on two occasions and have had bad experiences. However, my first Android experience was with the OG HTC Evo. It was the first ever 4g phone and Sprint in my area is horrible so the battery life was horrid! I quickly dumped Sprint and went back to AT&T and my iPhone. I most recently switched from my 4s to the GS3. The S3 is a marvelous phone. I only sent it back to Verizon because I was having issues with the phone force rebooting. I declined to have another sent to me since Apple's iPhone event was 3 days later.

Fast Forward to the present. Apple has FAILED to impress me. I have always defended iOS as being the most stable simplistic OS out there. I still believe this to be true, but Android has advanced so much over the years it has left iOS in the dust. The battery life in most newer Android phones are on par with the iPhone so that aspect no longer is a selling point for me. I now look at "cool features" when I look for new phones. Apple has...well none imo. The iPhone 5 is essentially the 4s with a bigger screen. The note 2 is an S3 on steroids in all aspects.

I will have a Verizon Note 2 the day it releases and will be leaving Apple in the past.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
you will never look back... The Note 2 is the best cell phone/media device/tablet experience/ you could hope for that delivers on every front. Personally, i don't even see ANYTHING on the horizon that will usurp it till at least 2013 and even then it will probably be yet ANOTHER Samsung device... : )

mccabegc

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I contemplated going with another S3 until I did some reading and video watching on the note 2. The only other device that had my attention was whatever new Nexus branded device comes out. I quickly decided against it simply because of what the Note 2 has to offer over even the S3.

You are right, I do not see any device matching or surpassing this in the near future. I dont ever see "phablets" getting larger than 5.5" since tablets are already @ 7" So in terms of screen size, I think the Note 2 is engraving the bar for all future devices.

F123D

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 5 went back on Friday. Now it's the waiting game...

I've got my eye on the Note II but also have my other eye on the next Nexus device now. Annoucements coming for both in the next week or so. Should be fun!

armageddonn

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey there, I am Kinda new to the Samsung and android system. l have always been a great fan of IPhone and Apple software, but truth be told that IPhone 5 is Not up to what we excepted. the fact that made me change to note 2 which I have falling in love wih, espicalIy the S pen which I am Currently using to write. lets fast it, the Note 2 has just crushed IPhone 5

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

mccabegc

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey there, I am Kinda new to the Samsung and android system. l have always been a great fan of IPhone and Apple software, but truth be told that IPhone 5 is Not up to what we excepted. the fact that made me change to note 2 which I have falling in love wih, espicalIy the S pen which I am Currently using to write. lets fast it, the Note 2 has just crushed IPhone 5

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

In reality....The GS3 crushed the iPhone 5. The Note 2 obliterates the iPhone 5!!!!

Astom22

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi, my name is Bob, and I am an iPhone addict. I have been with the iPhone since day one, but have felt more let down and boxed in with each new model. Jailbreaking has been fun and increasingly necessary, but I'm starting to see I'm jailbreaking most of the time to make my device more Android-like.

The reveal of the iPhone 5 was a big letdown, like many have said. Plus, the 5's "new" style is going to be here for two years, since the 5S is almost a given. So I had to ask myself, "Do I want a phone that looks four years old in two years?". I was almost sold on a Galaxy S3, but then I saw the Note 1 in person, wow! Then I started researching it and learned the much improved sequel was on the horizon. I couldn't have been more excited. Looks like everything worked out in my favor, now I'm just eagerly awaiting the release day on AT&T and learning all I can about a new-to-me OS.

Please be patient with my questions here on the boards, as I'm sure I will have many. From what I have gathered in my reading, this seems like a welcoming and helpful forum.

Come on Note 2, I can't wait for your arrival.

jaymars

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi, my name is Bob, and I am an iPhone addict. I have been with the iPhone since day one, but have felt more let down and boxed in with each new model. Jailbreaking has been fun and increasingly necessary, but I'm starting to see I'm jailbreaking most of the time to make my device more Android-like.

The reveal of the iPhone 5 was a big letdown, like many have said. Plus, the 5's "new" style is going to be here for two years, since the 5S is almost a given. So I had to ask myself, "Do I want a phone that looks four years old in two years?". I was almost sold on a Galaxy S3, but then I saw the Note 1 in person, wow! Then I started researching it and learned the much improved sequel was on the horizon. I couldn't have been more excited.

I'm in the same boat as you. I owned a jailbroken 3GS and I currently own a jailbroken 4S. I would always defend iOS against "fandroids", even though I'd have to point out that iOS was pretty much useless without a jailbreak. But now I am at the point where I'm just sick of waiting for Apple to implement features that should be basic. Features that other phones have had by default for years now. The iPhone 5 was a joke. Yes, it's much faster but it's faster at doing the SAME limited things from years ago. I'm also sick of waiting for jailbreaks to be found. It took a good 3-4 months for the last jailbreak and it may take even longer this time and as much as I respect the jailbreak developers, I'm just done with that game.

I was actually looking at Windows phones, as I like the direction that Microsoft is going in and I plan on getting a Surface Pro pending good reviews. I was thinking about a Lumia 920 to compliment it but I was over at Engadget and happen to see the Note 2 review and I was amazed at what I was reading. I've spent the day reading reviews and looking at all the pros and cons, and now I'm hooked. I was convinced that, even with the iPhone 5 being the fastest selling phone, a JB iPhone 4S was as good as it got but now I'm selling this and I'm getting that damn Note 2.

doublebullout

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
My greatest mistake was reading Note 2 reviews. I had been looking forward to upgrading from my iPhone 4 to a Lumia 920, and I guess that's still my plan. But now I'm more excited about the Note 2. I almost wish the Note 2 would stop generating such positive reviews!

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk

EB71

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, first post!

I'm still on my Iphone 4; the 4S didn't impress me enough to upgrade, and now the Iphone 5- bleh. Also, I won't even consider an Iphone anymore if I can't jailbreak it, and I have no idea if IO6 is ever going to get done. Saw the Note 1 at my ATT store and fell in
love with big, gorgeous screen.

touchemupent

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you. I owned a jailbroken 3GS and I currently own a jailbroken 4S. I would always defend iOS against "fandroids", even though I'd have to point out that iOS was pretty much useless without a jailbreak. But now I am at the point where I'm just sick of waiting for Apple to implement features that should be basic. Features that other phones have had by default for years now. The iPhone 5 was a joke. Yes, it's much faster but it's faster at doing the SAME limited things from years ago. I'm also sick of waiting for jailbreaks to be found. It took a good 3-4 months for the last jailbreak and it may take even longer this time and as much as I respect the jailbreak developers, I'm just done with that game.

I was actually looking at Windows phones, as I like the direction that Microsoft is going in and I plan on getting a Surface Pro pending good reviews. I was thinking about a Lumia 920 to compliment it but I was over at Engadget and happen to see the Note 2 review and I was amazed at what I was reading. I've spent the day reading reviews and looking at all the pros and cons, and now I'm hooked. I was convinced that, even with the iPhone 5 being the fastest selling phone, a JB iPhone 4S was as good as it got but now I'm selling this and I'm getting that damn Note 2.

Have you ever had dej?, dej?, dej?, dej? vu? :) I totally understand. I have bounced around ios and Android. Although jailbreaking is easy, you shouldn't have to in order to get a great experience with the device. Android offers a fully customizable user experience.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

Astom22

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Have you ever had dej?, dej?, dej?, dej? vu? :) I totally understand. I have bounced around ios and Android. Although jailbreaking is easy, you shouldn't have to in order to get a great experience with the device. Android offers a fully customizable user experience.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

It's easy, once they find an exploit. I'm with you, I'm tired of fighting it.

rand0m9

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 5 feels really nice in my hand... Then I realize to keep it's nice appearance I have to put it in a case... Which doesn't feel so nice in my hand. Decided on a note 2 for the specs and replaceable back cover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38