Bicycle Mount for note2

sillyrabbitt123

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone find a good mount for the note 2 for a bicycle. Any recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I've always been loathe to subject any of my expensive electronics to the vibrations presented by attaching them to my bike. I put my electronics in one of the three pockets at the rear of my various bike shirts--that way they aren't subject to intense vibration. Something to consider, IMO...

mhackl

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for this too. I've had bad ones, but I've also had a really good one for my evo. It's sometimes difficult to tell which you have until you hit one of those bottle jarring bumps. I'm looking forward to using my Note2 on a cross state ride.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had several communications with him at ibolt over this subject. They have a bike mount but not one that fits the note 2. I suggested to them that they should make the car dock into a bike mount because that car dock is the only thing I would trust,, it really holds the phone tight. She told me that was a great idea and she would speak to her boss about it but in the meantime if you took their bike mount and took the part of the car dock that the phone fits in to,, they are compatible. You can connect the car dock piece to the bike mount piece and make a really strong and secure dock.. That is what I am doing.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
i hear you but i had this Minoura Japan ? iH-100 LOVED it but its too small to hold the note.

This looks like a good one. My experience with bike mounts is most connect to bike with flimsy plastic. This alloy clamp has me sold. I may reconsider my initial plan for this one. Edit : yup,, nothing for the note 2 size.... My initial plan looks like what I am going to do.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

ThePapaPat

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
My biggest concern with mounting my phone is it falling off, obviously! So, when I came across the Quadlock, it looked promising! I am going to order it and an Otterbox Defender case for my Note 2 and give it a shot.

The only downside is that they have really tailored this product towards iPhone users, so you have to use a universal mount on the outside of a case to use their mount. So, I would recommend buying a dedicated case for your riding. The otterbox defender should cut down on the dirt and crap getting on/in your phone if you plan mtn biking. The big upside is that you can move the mount to different bikes, if you have multiple rides, like I do. It uses the same mounting type as my NiteRider light that I use for night riding, and it has never fallen off my bike. The rubber bands will eventually wear out, but Nite Rider sent me free ones (didn't even have to pay postage) when they did, and assuming Quadlock stays in business, they should do the same or for a nominal fee (S&H?).

Anyway, I will post again after a couple of rides to let everyone know how it worked out, but I thought I would at least throw this out there if some other people wanted to take the plunge!

Happy riding!

iPhone Bike Mount | Quad Lock - iPhone Bike Mount

Last edited:

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
This mount is awesome. The lanard that came with it wraps around the handlebars so if for some reason the mount breaks the phone is not going anywhere, plus,, if it starts raining it is totally protected.

Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369999563385.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369999563385.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 26

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Here it is

Note 2,,ITS TRUE, SIZE IS EVERYTHING.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369999811535.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369999811535.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 25

ThePapaPat

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
My biggest concern with mounting my phone is it falling off, obviously! So, when I came across the Quadlock, it looked promising! I am going to order it and an Otterbox Defender case for my Note 2 and give it a shot.

The only downside is that they have really tailored this product towards iPhone users, so you have to use a universal mount on the outside of a case to use their mount. So, I would recommend buying a dedicated case for your riding. The otterbox defender should cut down on the dirt and crap getting on/in your phone if you plan mtn biking. The big upside is that you can move the mount to different bikes, if you have multiple rides, like I do. It uses the same mounting type as my NiteRider light that I use for night riding, and it has never fallen off my bike. The rubber bands will eventually wear out, but Nite Rider sent me free ones (didn't even have to pay postage) when they did, and assuming Quadlock stays in business, they should do the same or for a nominal fee (S&H?).

Anyway, I will post again after a couple of rides to let everyone know how it worked out, but I thought I would at least throw this out there if some other people wanted to take the plunge!

Happy riding!

iPhone Bike Mount | Quad Lock - iPhone Bike Mount

So, after a couple of rides, the mount is fantastic! The phone has not fallen off once and I never felt concerned about it. I took a couple of jumps and it was locked on the mount. So, A+ for the Quad Lock!

However, the ottterbox is another story. The iPhone Otterbox I had seen just had two snap levers that locked the phone into the inner hard shell casing and it was very easy to remove. For some reason,the case for the Note 2 has 6 little notches that the go around the perimeter of the case. It is a pain in the *** to remove the inner case and I have already broken two of the notches. I resorted to using a beer bottle opener to pry the case off my phone. The otterbox is not a long term solution, but I haven't found a case that encompasses my device as well to prevent dirt getting in my phone ports while I am out riding.

If the Quadlock doesn't float your boat, I also saw a product called RokForm Rokbed, which is installed on your steer tube. They don't make a universal adapter or a Note 2 case, but if you have an S3 (S4 coming soon), it looked like a great option.

Anyway, happy riding!

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Been thinking about this.... Good ideas and options are shared.

I use my Note 2 for GPS app and taking a call - stopping to take it. So I carry the Note in either a full size or waist mount CamelBak.
I find that this approach provides good shock and elements protection, unless I take a spill and directly impact the phone.

I can see either of the bar mount cases helping in situations where you don't know the route and need a navigation app. Do the cases work well for this?

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the two-part ProClip mount for my GN2 in my car, and it holds the phone VERY snugly. I don't think the phone could bounce out of it. Won't work with any case on the phone, but it does work with the FlyGrip installed on the back of the phone, if you have one of those.
Samsung Galaxy Note II (USA And Europe) Holder with Tilt Swivel?-?ProClip USA

ProClip sells a handlebar mount that you can use with it. This would be a very clean mount solution, though expensive ($105 for both components).
Bike Handlebar Mounts, iPod and Phone Mounts For Cycles?-?ProClip USA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38