Built in spell check?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to add built in spell check to the Note 2?
I miss the spell check feature from my Razr Maxx. If I misspelled a word that wasn't caught by predictive text, it would have a red line underneath the word. Similar to Microsoft Word.
This feature came in handy when I used a Bluetooth keyboard with my Razr Maxx. Since the Note 2 doesn't seem to have a spell check feature built in, it does not alert me if words are misspelled while using a Bluetooth keyboard.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to add built in spell check to the Note 2?
I miss the spell check feature from my Razr Maxx. If I misspelled a word that wasn't caught by predictive text, it would have a red line underneath the word. Similar to Microsoft Word.
This feature came in handy when I used a Bluetooth keyboard with my Razr Maxx. Since the Note 2 doesn't seem to have a spell check feature built in, it does not alert me if words are misspelled while using a Bluetooth keyboard.

I use SwiftKey 3.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I use SwiftKey 3.

I have Swift Key installed as well, but it doesn't have spell check. Only predictive text. If you type something like gdfhhd, it would be highlighted as a misspelled word on my Razr Maxx. Not so when using keyboards on the Note 2

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Here's an example of the universal spell check on my Razr Maxx.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358798046641.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358798046641.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 27

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have Swift Key installed as well, but it doesn't have spell check. Only predictive text. If you type something like gdfhhd, it would be highlighted as a misspelled word on my Razr Maxx. Not so when using keyboards on the Note 2

Ah, very true. It's close though but I want my spell check from my Motorola devices.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded Jelly Bean 4.2 Keyboard from the Play Store. I'm going to test it out as it looks identical to my Razr and has auto correct.

Johntanmi makes an ICS keyboard that I like more. It has a stronger vibration. Still working on figuring out a solution to the red line though... I see that as an issue too.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The Motorola phone was the only device I've had since my blackberry days that had universal spell check built into the OS. The feature works with any keyboard you install.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress