Two quick questions

richard hodge

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
First Q is a bit difficult, how can I edit the pop up/slide out apps list that comes up when you press th's back key for 1 second, I don't know what it's called but you know what I mean,
. It does have a limited edit function but I can't see a way of putting apps there that are not in the original list, I've tried drag and drop to no avail. It probably ain't possible but it would be kinda neat if it was

Second Q is much easier, what's the best application for customizing the status bar screen?, I love how when I pull down the status bar I get all the important info but I want a battery status bar in there as well

Sent from my tiny note 2

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
First Q is a bit difficult, how can I edit the pop up/slide out apps list that comes up when you press th's back key for 1 second, I don't know what it's called but you know what I mean,
. It does have a limited edit function but I can't see a way of putting apps there that are not in the original list, I've tried drag and drop to no avail. It probably ain't possible but it would be kinda neat if it was

Second Q is much easier, what's the best application for customizing the status bar screen?, I love how when I pull down the status bar I get all the important info but I want a battery status bar in there as well

Sent from my tiny note 2

1. You need to be rooted to the best of my knowledge. If you are, there's an app that comes with clean rom called multiwindow control that's really easy to use.
2. None of the status bar apps work well enough for me to recommend. They all are horrible (imo). Battery widget? Reborn! Is awesome and does what you want. If you don't like the widget enable widget stacking and hide it behind another one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
As far as #1 goes there is a way to do it, but it is a bit of a lengthy process. You can search here or on XDA for the information. I believe from what I read it can be done without root.

#2 I use GSam Battery. It doesn't seem to use a lot of resources and gives a ton of battery data. One of the side benefits is that is provides battery status in the status bar and drop down.