FM transmitter app

howserow

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have an FM transmitter app that will broadcast audio on the Note through an FM station playing through your car stereo?

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I believe the International variant has the radio still on it. For whatever reason though the US variants don't.

Either way OP I don't know of any such app to use the FM radio to transmit, I don't even think it's a physical capability of the radio they put in phones.

pcbtmr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Possibly, OP was looking for a way to play music from the GNote2 over the vehicle FM radio. Belkin makes one that has a USB port for charging,plugs into 12V power port, select the frequency you want to tune your car radio to, plug it into the headphone jack on the GNote2. Unfortunately, due to FCC power limitations, the transmitter must be within 12" of the radio to eliminate most of the static. In the absence of bluetooth, this can work.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
There is no fm transmitter app. He must be thinking of the fm receiver that I believe is in the international version. Like others have said you need an fm transmitter. Monster used to have a good one that I had for about $30. It was powered off the cigarette lighter.

Did you guys know the korean version of the note 2 has atsc digital tv tuner. Its crazy the phone has a pullout antenna and everything. There are some vids of it on youtube.

Sent via Tapatalk

howserow

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
That's what I thought as I didn't find anything that was supported on the Note 2. That said, there are other phones (perhaps the international version) that is capable of it and thus I thought we were only an app away from having it here too...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Continuum88

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Nice "workaround". :) As for the international Note II -- no FM transmitter there, just FM receiver (which you can only use if you have your headphones plugged in as the cable serves as FM antenna; or an audio cable connected to some external amplifier should probably also work).

trialz69

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Nokia n95 had in built fm transmitter worked great and thats a few years old now but the new galaxy s4 note2 dont seem to have one :( all this tech and the important things like battery and music still need work.