Who's leaving for the new BlackBerry phones?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
There are plenty of us here who are interested in knowing more about all the available options. I'd prefer the thread be kept open so that other users with the new BB 10 phones can share their experiences with those of us who have Note 2s.

Using your logic, EVERY other phone should get space on this Note forum?? It doesn't make sense, and it is a NO-NO on other sites, to create a thread about a phone OTHER than the phone that is the subject of the forum. If someone wants to learn about another platform or model, they should VISIT THE APPROPRIATE FORUM.

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Using your logic, EVERY other phone should get space on this Note forum?? It doesn't make sense, and it is a NO-NO on other sites, to create a thread about a phone OTHER than the phone that is the subject of the forum. If someone wants to learn about another platform or model, they should VISIT THE APPROPRIATE FORUM.
BlackBerry and iPhone are major OS platforms, and as such I think it's appropriate to have threads to discuss what they have to offer (and what features they lack) compared to our phone. Not sure why you believe there is value in squelching this discussion.

What problem does this thread cause you, anyhow? If you don't want to read it, don't read it. Kind of like I don't read threads about games - I don't play 'em, but lots of people are interested in them.

MaxBuck

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Again, I don't see this as being "off-topic." I'd think if the site's moderators agreed with you, this thread would already be gone.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
We've considered the requests and the thread is staying here for now. If you don't care for the thread (or its placement), then feel free to ignore the thread. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Last edited:

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
on a related note (no pun intended), I see that Netflix isn't interested in a native or ported app for BB10. Netflix isn't stupid.

mmgquiet

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
on a related note (no pun intended), I see that Netflix isn't interested in a native or ported app for BB10. Netflix isn't stupid.
1: First Android phone was sold in October 2008
2: XBOX had "exclusive only" contract with Netfilx until April 2010
3: Netflix releases their app for Apple in August 2010
4: Netflix releases their app for Android in March 2011. 7 months behind Apple and 11 months after the XBOX contract

How old is the new BB10? Approx 60 days now?

Sorry but your example is invalid. Once they see some growth in any new mobile OS on the market I'm sure Netfilx will jump all over it.

Ess_78201

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
You know, I was a BB die hard for many years. Of all phones to make me make the transition to Android, it was the worst one available, the first Atrix.

Before I forget I'm glad this thread is open, I've been following it for a while. Yeah its the GN2 forum, but there are those of us interested in the jump to the Z10.

I think the idea of losing out on so much landscape is making me hold back. Plus new SwiftKey is so amazing that I don't think Any other keyboard with compare.

That being said, I'll probably buy a Z10 as a second phone and sell my Galaxy 8.9.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
You know, I was a BB die hard for many years. Of all phones to make me make the transition to Android, it was the worst one available, the first Atrix.

Before I forget I'm glad this thread is open, I've been following it for a while. Yeah its the GN2 forum, but there are those of us interested in the jump to the Z10.

I think the idea of losing out on so much landscape is making me hold back. Plus new SwiftKey is so amazing that I don't think Any other keyboard with compare.

That being said, I'll probably buy a Z10 as a second phone and sell my Galaxy 8.9.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Blackberry 10 has probably the ONLY keyboard software superior to Swiftkey. It really is amazing.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

mmgquiet

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
So what. Who knows what the sell-through will be. They may end up in a fire-sale

Sent from my Nexus 7
Your fanboyism and hatred for anyone on these forums that don't agree with your views are clearly showing now.
You really think someone just purchased a million of them for a fire sale? lol

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't hate anyone for their choices

While the alleged purchase of the phones wasnt done for a fire sale, that may well be the result.

Perhaps it is YOU who hates me. Whatever

Sent from Note 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah where all the hype went that Bb had?? Oh yeah it went away wit the HTC one and s4 announcements smh I STILL hasn't seen a bb10 device in real life smh.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

mmgquiet

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
It's just sad on your part that in your last 2 posts you make up a fabrication and use the word "fire-sale" twice and now use the words "alleged purchase" to try and justify your disagreement with anyone that posts anything remotely positive about BB's new OS and phones. I post a legitimate article about the sale of 1 million BB's and you feel the need to slander it by using phrases to attempt to discredit the article for no other reason other than try and "validate your view"

Let me rephrase my last post. I do not believe you hate anyone here, but you are clealy angered and/or annoyed at the fact that there are people that don't agree with your views.

Edit: I own a Note 2. I am very happy with it and have no intentions of buying another phone for another 18 months but when I am ready, I'm hoping I will have more choices than just the Apple / Android market that exists today. (which is why I'm rooting for BB)

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
If you choose to get a tingly feeling because of the purported million-unit purchase, that's your thing. just don't be too naive about that information or you'll set yourself up for disappointment (IMO), as you seem to have an emotional bond with BB. BB is still going to be an also-ran.

While choice is always nice, I am very happy with Android. I have used BB (for more than a year--it seemed like 10), and have several iOS devices (which I despise). Android does what I need it to, and in a way that I like. For that reason, I am not looking for "greener pastures".

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
If you choose to get a tingly feeling because of the purported million-unit purchase, that's your thing. just don't be too naive about that information or you'll set yourself up for disappointment (IMO), as you seem to have an emotional bond with BB. BB is still going to be an also-ran.

While choice is always nice, I am very happy with Android. I have used BB (for more than a year--it seemed like 10), and have several iOS devices (which I despise). Android does what I need it to, and in a way that I like. For that reason, I am not looking for "greener pastures".

A million blackberries moved in a single purchase equals money in the bank for RIM (or Blackberry, whatever) and is more evidence of strong demand. That's a good thing in anyone's book. Analysts didn't even expect them to sell more than a few million units overall. They have MASSIVELY oversold that and continue to move devices like hotcakes.

It's really sad that you can't get over the fact that the BB10 launch has been a success. Your desperation for Blackberry 10 to fail just because you're still grumpy about your old BB Storm is palpably pathetic.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress