Note 2 rebooting itself and going unresponsive

nickhopkins07

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I've had my note 2 for about 4 months and really like the device, however in the 3 weeks or so it's started acting up. It randomly reboots itself, I can see no rhyme or reason as to why. I can be sat watching TV or be asleep and all of a sudden I hear the boot up music and the samsung logo is displayed, the system up time confirms the device has indeed rebooted itself. It's hard to say how many time a day this is occurring as I might not always know it's happened.

It's also going unresponsive at times with the only fix being to remove the battery. It doesn't seem to happen when I launch any particular app.

I've performed a factory reset and run the phone without any apps downloaded and it still does it, so I don't think it's anything I've downloaded.

Phone is unrooted.

Has anyone else heard of this behavior on a note 2? Is there anything I can run in the background that might be able to log what is causing it to reboot?

If I can;t solve the problem I'd like to have as much info to hand before I go back to amazon/samsung.

Many thanks

Nick

Wurl124

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I purchased a note 2 about 2 weeks ago. I have had similar experiences. Random rebooting, unresponsive, performed a factory reset... I did a chat session with a samsung agent. No help there. The final recommendation was to return the phone. I did return it today to the local Best Buy. However, I have experienced a random reboot already. I was installing Pulse. I received a phone call. After a few minutes, the screen locked and the phone rebooted. After the reboot, the call was still active. However, the voice was digitized(hard to make out). I uninstalled Pulse and rebooted the phone. If it happens again, I guess I'll return for a refund and wait for the Galaxy 4.

MARK

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a note 2 about 2 weeks ago. I have had similar experiences. Random rebooting, unresponsive, performed a factory reset... I did a chat session with a samsung agent. No help there. The final recommendation was to return the phone. I did return it today to the local Best Buy. However, I have experienced a random reboot already. I was installing Pulse. I received a phone call. After a few minutes, the screen locked and the phone rebooted. After the reboot, the call was still active. However, the voice was digitized(hard to make out). I uninstalled Pulse and rebooted the phone. If it happens again, I guess I'll return for a refund and wait for the Galaxy 4.

MARK

I had this same digitized voice when I got in my car the other day and it came through blue tooth. The phone worked fine but the car system gave me this weird noise.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non