I have a Galaxy Note 2 and it just recently started sending text message notifications over and over until I check the message. It literally will keep repeating until I look at it. AND my camera flash will come blink for no reason and then sometimes just stay on steadily until I restart my phone. AT&T told me it was my SD card causing the problem? So I bought a new one and it's still doing the same thing. Can anyone pleeeeease tell me how to fix this?
    04-01-2013 10:45 AM
    I have a Galaxy Note 2 and it just recently started sending text message notifications over and over until I check the message. It literally will keep repeating until I look at it. AND my camera flash will come blink for no reason and then sometimes just stay on steadily until I restart my phone. AT&T told me it was my SD card causing the problem? So I bought a new one and it's still doing the same thing. Can anyone pleeeeease tell me how to fix this?
    I'm assuming you're using the stock messaging app on your phone. If so, then first do the following: go to your system settings > accessibility > Hearing > uncheck Flash notification (was this checked?)

If you're not using the stock messaging app, what are you using?
    04-01-2013 07:26 PM
    There is also am option in the stock messaging app having to do with repeat notifications.

Make sure it's set to once. Messaging - menu-settings- down.

As for what else someone else had said, I haven't had a problem with the flash staying on but...

Settings - accessibility -

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away
    04-01-2013 08:43 PM
    There is also am option in the stock messaging app having to do with repeat notifications.

Make sure it's set to once. Messaging - menu-settings- down.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/02/2u2ara6e.jpg

As for what else someone else had said, I haven't had a problem with the flash staying on but...

Settings - accessibility -

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/02/y3ehu3a4.jpg

How did you get to the messages settings? Cant seem to locate that on my settings.
    04-02-2013 12:57 AM
    How did you get to the messages settings? Cant seem to locate that on my settings.
    Typically you open up the messages application, make sure you're at the messages home screen, press menu, and lastly press settings. =)

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
    FitMomXtine likes this.
    04-02-2013 01:09 AM
    I would recommend you try the GO SMS Pro texting app. It's much more flexible than the stock messaging app.
    04-02-2013 05:19 AM
    I would recommend you try the GO SMS Pro texting app. It's much more flexible than the stock messaging app.
    if I download Go SMS Pro.. would I still get notified on the stock messaging app? (like multiple notifications?)
    04-02-2013 09:29 AM
    if I download Go SMS Pro.. would I still get notified on the stock messaging app? (like multiple notifications?)
    It's possible, so make sure that you turn off notifications in the stock messaging app and manage notifications from GO SMS Pro.
    FitMomXtine likes this.
    04-02-2013 11:30 AM
    If you have your messaging app set like mine, you won't get notifications from the stock app. I use chompSMS and love it, hence why the notifications are unchecked in the stock app

04-02-2013 08:09 PM
    If you have your messaging app set like mine, you won't get notifications from the stock app. I use chompSMS and love it, hence why the notifications are unchecked in the stock app

what's the difference between chompSMS and go sms?
    04-03-2013 03:46 PM
    what's the difference between chompSMS and go sms?
    There are some differences in ui and functionality, so it really comes down to personal preference. They're both free so just try them.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    FitMomXtine likes this.
    04-03-2013 06:53 PM
    Does anyone know if ChompSMS is compatible with me using Go Launcher or Go SMS (for themes?)
    04-04-2013 01:07 PM

Did you get the free version or paid version? (of ChompSMS).. I downloaded it but the chomp team sent me a notification last day to buy a license on sale? didn't know anyone else who used it so thought i'd ask..
    04-04-2013 01:12 PM
    Only thing the license does is kill the ads at the bottom, but I did buy it on sale for 99 cents.

Btw, the license is always on sale lol, just gotta find that could deal.

As far as the themes, you can always make your own...

I just never liked all the extra stuff that go downloads...

04-04-2013 01:51 PM
    Only thing the license does is kill the ads at the bottom, but I did buy it on sale for 99 cents.

Btw, the license is always on sale lol, just gotta find that could deal.

As far as the themes, you can always make your own...

I just never liked all the extra stuff that go downloads...

I would love to make my own themes but I have no ides how to. Still barely getting used to this phone
    04-04-2013 03:19 PM
    In the chomp app, menu, settings, customize look.

Gives you the option to do basically whatever you want.

Mine.... simple

04-04-2013 05:40 PM