Note 2 take hell lot of time charge??

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I dont think dis is normal but my note 2 after 4 months of use takes about 7 hours to charge even when I poweroff and charge it..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Oops. Sorry. My cat bumped my hand. LOL
I haven't really timed the charging but I do know mine doesn't take that long. What's the % at when charging? What charger are you using? Are you on stock battery or using a 3rd party battery? These can make a difference

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

Lastnv

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine charges pretty fast.
Are you using the wall plug and cable that came with your phone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Check your charger... Mine charges pretty fast when using the supplied wall charger. Switch to PC USB or a Car charger and it is STAKINGLY, PAINFULLY, CRAWLINGLY SLOW. It's all about the Amps ;)

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
It will usually take a while to charge due to the big battery. Not 7 hours though. Roughly about 3 hours at 0%

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
There are a few car chargers that do put out 2A and charge about as fast as the stock wall charger, but you have to read the specs and reviews very carefully.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
3 hours is a good round number. Thats about what it takes mine. My father had this same issue when he first got his note 2. He is an avid ebayer and buys all sorts of accessories on the cheap from there. However he was unaware of the of the higher power requirements of our chargers. He bought some puny charger that was listed as compatible and even though it was I believe it put out less than 1a. Like .7a or something like. I had to set him straight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Did it only just start doing this or has it always taken a long time to charge? Mine recently started taking a long time to charge or wouldn't charge at all unless I played with the cable. I found an internal component that was not attached properly and reinstalled it and have since been issue free. I'm guessing whoever was responsible for connecting one of the ribbon cables to the circuit board didn't press it down well enough to lock it into place and it worked itself free over the last few months. I have a picture of it in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/263592-note-2-wont-charge.html#post2702931

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
My Samsung cable doesn't charge well for me anymore... I jacked the cable from my old photon and using it with the Samsung wall adaptor... magic :)

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I got a few eBay cables that charges the phone to 70% after 7 hours. Use Samsung or htc original cables. Anyone know any 6 ft cable that can charge fast let me know.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have two Samsung charger/cable combos, the one that came with my Note 2 and one I picked up on Amazon. They look identical (they're both white), both say 2.0a output. I swear the one from Amazon is slower. I haven't timed it yet. Bottom line is that there is a bigass battery to charge and mileage may vary even among chargers rated for 2.0a output.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I use htc cables and my car charger and they all charge pretty fast. 2 to 3 hours to charge dead battery.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

Analyss14

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have an old T-Mobile charger that I picked up at a 3 for 2 sale. I always charge my phone powered off and it takes about 2 hours or less. If you are still having problems, try charging with your phone off to see if there is a time difference. It may or may not be the charger. It could be that you have an app that's sucking battery life and prolonging the charge time. Does your phone also die unreasonably fast after being fully charged?