Note 2 Messaging Problem

Sam Lee3

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
When ever I open my messaging application, it lags. When I open a text message it lags. When I type it lags really hard. When I send a message it lags. Ive tried everything. I cleared cache, force stopped application, deleted data. I even tried other messaging applications like GO SMS PRO, still lags. Main issue is the keyboard lags and sending messages lags. Please help me! I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 from Verizon.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
What messaging application are you describing? I use the stock one with att and dont have any lag issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I am having problems with my Note 2 as well...

Recently, (after having OS automatically upgraded to version 4.1.2 N7100DXDLK5 with kernel version of 3.0.31-1071214) the problem on messaging interface came about. The main issue is that the messages list were all gone from time to time and when I try to create a new message, the messaging application eventually stops (I am using the phone's messaging application, I have uninstalled all 3rd party applications related to messaging, e.g. GO CHAT because I realized this might be the cause). I had to clear the cache and free the RAM to get it back, or worse, need to do a restart.

Why is this happening? I have not encountered this before, and I am starting that my phone is messed up with some applications installed previously.

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Jay

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
When ever I open my messaging application, it lags. When I open a text message it lags. When I type it lags really hard. When I send a message it lags. Ive tried everything. I cleared cache, force stopped application, deleted data. I even tried other messaging applications like GO SMS PRO, still lags. Main issue is the keyboard lags and sending messages lags. Please help me! I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 from Verizon.

Yes please let us know which sms app you are using. Also which keyboard if not stock.

Go to settings, application manager, and look at all the running processes. Start killing off each process you are not familiar with, test the lag, then kill off another process.

How is your battery life?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Bob Sugar

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Note 2 stock messaging app is garbage. Love my note 2, but for a phone as advanced as this, it is shameful samsung would allow this.

Mark Morrison

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I am having problems with my Note 2 as well...

Recently, (after having OS automatically upgraded to version 4.1.2 N7100DXDLK5 with kernel version of 3.0.31-1071214) the problem on messaging interface came about. The main issue is that the messages list were all gone from time to time and when I try to create a new message, the messaging application eventually stops (I am using the phone's messaging application, I have uninstalled all 3rd party applications related to messaging, e.g. GO CHAT because I realized this might be the cause). I had to clear the cache and free the RAM to get it back, or worse, need to do a restart.

Why is this happening? I have not encountered this before, and I am starting that my phone is messed up with some applications installed previously.

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Jay

Uninstall Launcher 8. Worked for me.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Note 2 stock messaging app is garbage. Love my note 2, but for a phone as advanced as this, it is shameful samsung would allow this.

I agree but I have had no luck with 3rd party applications playing a tone while on a call so I went back to stock. I would like to go back to a 3rd party application because many things annoy me including the screen turn on which is a battery hog if you text a lot.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress