Multi-Window... Do you really use it?

How often do you use the multi-window feature?

• Total voters

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I never use it.

I've played around with it for a bit, but have't found a real use for it. When I'm watching videos or clips I want to focus on the media not anything else. Plus the screen size isn't that big for two windows.

The only place I could see myself using it if I was watching sports and wanting to browse the web, tweet, message, etc. However, my carrier offers as really bad TV package so I haven't got the option.

Tokio_Love

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
watching a YT video and checking my email, only did that once last month. Haven't used multi window at all since the beginning of May

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I've never even tried it and have no intention of doing so- I just really see no point in it. If I'm surfing the web, I don't need to be trying to do something else at the same time on my phone- I just switch apps if I need to access another one.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
When you root you can install either a mod from xda that installs multiwindow control panel, or you can install a rom that has it builtin...or you can do a plain jane root and download a multiwindow control app from the playstore. Once it is installed you load the app and start adding apps to the panel. It is quick and painless and actually makes multiwindow a "note" worthy feature instead of just an afterthought. Ive never had an app not be compatible but some apps just don't look right or function correctly such as one that ONLY work in a certain mode like portrait or landscape.

- - - Updated - - -

How did you do this?

When you root you can install either a mod from xda that installs multiwindow control panel, or you can install a rom that has it builtin...or you can do a plain jane root and download a multiwindow control app from the playstore. Once it is installed you load the app and start adding apps to the panel. It is quick and painless and actually makes multiwindow a "note" worthy feature instead of just an afterthought. Ive never had an app not be compatible but some apps just don't look right or function correctly such as one that ONLY work in a certain mode like portrait or landscape.

Ridin' a Note 2 blast

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
There are ALOT of really cool apps that install the best features you will probably ever get but you can only use them if you are rooted. Do a quick search for root apps in the playstore, Im sure you will find something that strikes your fancy.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I am curious how many people actually use the multi-window feature. Please answer the poll. Thanks

I rarely use it. You should also do a poll for the S-Pen usage. Because I rarely use that also, along with Air View. The only time I use it is when I'm demo'ing my Note 2 to someone. :p

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I rarely use it. You should also do a poll for the S-Pen usage. Because I rarely use that also, along with Air View. The only time I use it is when I'm demo'ing my Note 2 to someone. :p

I really only use my spen for photoshop on my phone. On my note 8 I use it for quite abit more

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699