SGN2 power button

5agarj79

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi
Does anyone ( rather everyone) using Note2 feel the power button has been placed at a wrong location?
The reason is, often when you try to use the volume buttons, you tend to press the power button and your application closes!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

nlitenme

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
When I first got mine, I kinda felt the same way. I would hit either side by accident from time to time. After awhile, I must have gotten used to it & unknowingly adjusted because I very rarely do it anymore.

Sent from T2 on my N2

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I think it should be on top of the phone like my DX2 was and recessed as well- I never accidentally hit that power button. I'm getting used to it, but still occasionally accidentally hit it.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
i also liked having power button on the top. just got the case for my note 8 with the magnetic flap that turns the screen on and off! Want one for my note 2!

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I like that the power button on the Note 2 is on the side, makes it easy to reach with one hand whether it's sitting in your palm or you're holding it by its edges in the middle. On top would be a pain trying to reach it considering the larger size of the phone. Even with my long fingers, I have to stretch to reach the top edge or have to move the phone in my hand.

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Coming from an EVO4G where the power button was at the top and recessed, I never had an issue hitting it accidently. Being that the device is still new to me, I often mistakenly hit the power button. It'll take some getting used to.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I prefer the top, cuz that area doesn't get bumped by accident NEARLY as often as the side(pocket, while hitting volume with one hand, while holding with 2 hands)

sent from Galaxy Note 2

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
the way I hold my phone, it being on top would be a pain...

~swyped from a galaxy (note 2) far far away

Same here. It's one of the reasons I stick with samsung phones. It makes it easier to turn the phone on one handed for me anyway...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Internet_Tough_Guy

May 14, 2013
Visit site
i came from a HTC, and i also prefer my power button up top. I also prefer my volume buttons on the right (i'm right handed). I often hit volume buttons with my index finger when I'm using my phone with a single hand, b/c the phone is so damn big, you really have to grip it hard on the edges.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I like it the way it is. I hold my phone in my left hand using the flygrip. So it is easy for me to use my thumb to change the volume.

To turn in the phone, i use the home button, and to turn it off, I use our control and set one of the shortcuts to screen off.

I rarely use the power button

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

cincyreds

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a problem with the button placement so much, but just wish they were recessed a little to prevent accidental pushes.
Love the GN2, but the ergonomics of the side buttons was poorly implemented. However, the outstanding features of this phone more than make up for it.