Does magnet affect the screen?

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm planning on getting a wallet case but the one in looking at closes with magnet. I'm wondering if this will affect the screen.

I've read somewhere awhile back how someones screen got messed up because of magnet or something

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm planning on getting a wallet case but the one in looking at closes with magnet. I'm wondering if this will affect the screen.

I've read somewhere awhile back how someones screen got messed up because of magnet or something

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

The only real danger is the pressure of the magnet's physical profile against the screen (it could really be anything other than a magnet). But as far as a magnet affecting the screen because of its magnetic properties, no. There would have to be some ferrous compounds in the screen to have a substantive effect; the only real organic compound in the screen is silicon.

Raymond Tan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I know on the Note 10.1, magnets can affect the screens digitizer. I have a case with magnets and I have had no problems but some people are reporting dead zones caused by their case.
I'm not sure if the Note 2 has the same wacom digitizer built-in, but I don't think it does, even though they both use the s-pen. If it doesn't, it should have no effect on your screen.

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
In the manual for the phone it states to keep magnets away from the phone. There have been a few people on this forum that have experienced the blue dot caused by magnetic clasp on the case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a case that has magnetic kickstand. Ive had it for 5 months and have not noticed any ill effects. I suppose its possible that having a magnet directly ontop of the screen could cause some kind of issues ive never read definitive proof on the subject.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer