price went up!

Mohammed A

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Dad bought the note 2 today, got the titanium one. I bet my white one will look much better once i get it in the mail lol. THE PRICE WENT UP THOUGH! tmobile increased price by 50$... no idea why :-\

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
May have been on sale. The note 2 is VERY popular, itll probably continue to be around 150-200 till around the the time the note 3 is announced. How much did he pay altogether?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
He paid $680 without tax and I $630 without tax.

You guys paid less than I did. I got mine in november. I bought a launch day iphone 5 32gb at upgrade cost, after a few months with dealing weird glitches and bugs I was fed up. I sold my iphone on ebay and bought a note 2 for $750 plus tax. Best money ever spent. Im pretty much sold on the note 2 for life now. It will take a miracle for apple to ever win me back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Mohammed A

May 26, 2013
Visit site
It's not about the price but the fact that it WENT UP in price... I have never seen this in technology, usually technology goes down not up in terms of cost but maybe it was a supply and demand type thing.

- - - Updated - - -

You haven't gotten yours YET?

comes in monday... sigh i am an impatient when it comes to fun stuff.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Well it is totally carrier dependent. They may change the prices based on market data, could have been a temporary sale price or something.

Yes typically the price does come down for android phones. I assume its only the most popular/highend phones that stay expensive for the longest time.

The note 2 is still a very popular device, I have friends who recently passed on the gs4 for the note 2.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
The international version - GT-N7100 - wend down in price. A couple of days ago I saw it on eBay for $499.95

You cant really use online prices to set the bar. Online stores dont have the staff or stores for which they have to pay for. Because they have no overhead cost they can afford to set the prices lower than everyone else. Its good for the consumer but not good at basing research off of.

ReuvenNY

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
You cant really use online prices to set the bar. Online stores dont have the staff or stores for which they have to pay for. Because they have no overhead cost they can afford to set the prices lower than everyone else. Its good for the consumer but not good at basing research off of.

My point was the drop in price, not the actual current price, as opposed to the increase the OP was referring to.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it was on a sale, which could account for the price difference. There was a factory sim unlocked Note II with full us warranty for around $400,but that required a bit of work.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
It's not about the price but the fact that it WENT UP in price... I have never seen this in technology, usually technology goes down not up in terms of cost but maybe it was a supply and demand type thing.

Did you buy yours over the memorial weekends? If you did, you probably got it on sales.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Where did you see the factory unlocked phone with full US warranty?

What kind of work was required?

The Verizon version is factory sim unlocked and carries the full US warranty. you can buy it from Verizon or any of their third party retailers.

If you don't have verizon, you would have to start a new account, buy from best buy, price match to sams club, so you can get the additional $50gc, assuming that you signed up for it. Then just pay etf and one days service. This deal was good a few months ago.

You may have to root to change the apn.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II