Problem in encrypting my SD Memory Card, Note II

inooon7

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello there,
Hope all are fine.
Yesterday I bought my new SD Memory Card, and I put it in my Galaxy Note 2.
Today I thought of encrypting it, but when I go to settings and enter to encrypting my SD Card, I get this:

pi8z.jpg

Any help please?
As soon as possible.
I'll really appreciate that.
Thanks.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
You need to back out one level and set a password. See "note" on the bottom of your screen shot.

Posted via Android Central App

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Back one screen from your screen shot you will see "Encrypt Device". Give that a try. It should have you set up the necessary password.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Back one screen from your screen shot you will see "Encrypt Device". Give that a try. It should have you set up the necessary password.

Is that for the device internal SD card? Or is it a prerequisite to input password for the External SD Card? Not doubting you, but rather think its a poor implementation on Samsung's part.

Jean Gibran

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Go back to "SETTINGS" and then "SECURITY" and in "SCREEN LOCK" it needs to be secured with a password and not with a PATTERN or SWIPE or PIN only PASSWORD
then the encryption will be enabled and you would be able to encrypt your device and/or your SD card

Password should be 6 caracters including at least one number

Cheers

Lariza Carlson

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi!
Was this issue ever resolved? I have a Galaxy 2 (OLD School!) that I'm having the exact same issue with. I have a password security set, but the Encrypt Device and SD card options are still greyed out. I'm working with Samsung on this. They're having me try to download a Kies for the Jellybean OS (I currently have 4.0.4). If that doesnt work, they want me to go back to the default settings. We'll see... Wanted to see if you figured it out. Frustrating. I cant get work email/calendar until this is resolved!
Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty