Switch from S4 to Note 2??? Advice!

DeeIngle

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
So I finally made the switch from being an iPhone user for the past 2 years and went with android!

I got the Samsung Galaxy S4 and its a beautiful phone! However I am thinking of exchanging it to Note 2.
I am not sure if I will use the S-pen or not, its actually what is making me want to switch to it but is it really worth it?

What is the big difference between the S4 and Note 2 besides just the S-Pen.
Do you use the pen often? I have 2 small children that I think it would be a great "babysitter" while on long drives or restaurants hahaha...

So...help!!! Should I keep it or switch to the Note 2 or wait maybe for the Note 3?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So I finally made the switch from being an iPhone user for the past 2 years and went with android!

I got the Samsung Galaxy S4 and its a beautiful phone! However I am thinking of exchanging it to Note 2.
I am not sure if I will use the S-pen or not, its actually what is making me want to switch to it but is it really worth it?

Do you use the pen often? I have 2 small children that I think it would be a great "babysitter" while on long drives or restaurants hahaha...

So...help!!! Should I keep it or switch to the Note 2 or wait maybe for the Note 3?

The screen size is larger. My s3 looks small compared to my note 2 the s4 screen is slightly bigger than the s3 though

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

MercuryStar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Unfortunately the only way to find out is to buy the phone and use it for a few weeks. You can't figure that out by playing with one in a store unfortunately.

Many people say they love the Note 2 even though they rarely use the stylus. But others say they love the stylus and use it all the time.

Biggest difference is the screen size which is the Note 2's main feature and the main reason for getting a Note 2. Battery life being also good (but the S4 and iPhone 5 have good battery life too).

Other small difference is the Note 2 has no infrared transmitter for changing channels on your TV. Never use that feature? Then it won't be relevant to you.

If you have the money, buy a Note 2 and see how you like it. That's basically what it comes down to. If you are tight for money (like many of us) then it makes the decision harder. I think what it should come down to for you is whether you would love the larger screen, OR whether you know you'll use the stylus a lot.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
The most noticeable differences you will see with the Note 2 is. It has a bigger better looking screen since it's RGB layout and not pentile layout like the S4.

You will also notice that the Note 2 has much better battery life.

The S-Pen is great because you'll never have to worry about a pen and paper. You can take notes while in a call. Take notes on other content by using multi window. The S-Pen really does come in handy even if you never use it for other things like Air View, Photo editing, ect.

It's camera is already great. You have slow motion, fast motion, it takes great video and you can easily edit it with the built in video editing software (the S-Pen also helps with that).

The Note 2 will also be getting 4.2.2 and all of the software the S4 is running. Like the new Touch-Wiz 2.0 UI. Thee new S-Voice, the other new Camera features, ect.

I find the Note 2 to be the best device available. Once it does get 4.2.2 it's going to be even better.

I would say get the Note 2 and you'll be happy that you did. It's a great device that will be around for a long time to come. It's also in the Key Lime Pie update list. So you're set there as well.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member