The notifications for email seem to be very annoying. Hopefully there is a fix.

So start off fresh:
    I get a new email notification. Then I go in and clear it and so on. 4hrs later I am getting the same notifications for emails that I have cleared from the notification screen.

Why do I keep getting notifications for email I have already cleared out of the notification screen. This seems to defeat the purpose of notifications because I constantly have to go in and clear old notifications and I never really know when I get a new one.

To me it should work once you clear a notification it won't show up again. That is the way my former WEBOS phone worked.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

T
    08-08-2013 08:00 AM
    The notifications for email seem to be very annoying. Hopefully there is a fix.

So start off fresh:
    I get a new email notification. Then I go in and clear it and so on. 4hrs later I am getting the same notifications for emails that I have cleared from the notification screen.

Why do I keep getting notifications for email I have already cleared out of the notification screen. This seems to defeat the purpose of notifications because I constantly have to go in and clear old notifications and I never really know when I get a new one.

To me it should work once you clear a notification it won't show up again. That is the way my former WEBOS phone worked.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

T
    Might it be you are getting new emails, and it's alerting you for those as well? My Tab 2 alerts me when I get an new email, even though I do the same thing as you. Swipe it away, get a new alert, that tells me of the new email, along with the old ones.
    08-09-2013 01:17 PM
    I will watch for that.
    08-12-2013 04:47 PM