Note 2: Battery Drain after 4.3 update

jsmat

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Battery Drain after 4.3 update

Sorry, here it is. Go to Select Settings, Developer options, select Runtime. change the setting to Use Dalvic. Reboot the phone. Once phone comes back it will update you apps. Next, go to Settings, Backup and Restore and select Factory Data Restore. Phone will put to factory restore. Please save all your data, apps information, SMS's etc because phone will be "completely" wiped out. I hope this helps. This worked on my Google Play Edition HTC One running 4.4.2

Yup. Already looked it up. We're having issues with 4.3. There is no such option (select runtime) in 4.3

Sumeetg

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

So the Solution is to Reset to Factory Reset.

But can anybody help me how to save the various data on mobile safely and then do the reset.

tmteck

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site

Same problem I face here with my Note 2 (GT-N7105). After update to 4.3, battery drains off like flowing water!
Just like what you have experienced, Almost 30% drop during my sleeping hours from 11pm to 7am. The phone not even doing anything!
This sucks! Time to consider other brand.

Yes sure..I was about to post the screenshots from wakelock detector, stock battery app, etc. Will post those soon for you to have a look.

It's like something is wrong,
1.Merely unlocking the phone and mumbling around here and there like browsing the music or changing songs eats 1-2% battery.
2.At night if I leave the phone at 100 %, by morning it used to be at most 90%, but now, it drains to almost 70%.
3.Idle phone (sync OFF, Mobile data/Wifi ON, Quick glance ON) consumes around 7% per hour.
4.Even the power saver mode does not seem to be working anymore (same amount of battery drain)

All of the above started happening after the 4.3 upgrade. I was very happy with the battery life with 4.1.2.

P.S Now I have turned off WIFI/Data and observing the phone with
1.Auto brightness
2.Quick Glance enabled
3.Smart Stay ON
4.Power Saver OFF

newbroot83

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Same problem I face here with my Note 2 (GT-N7105). After update to 4.3, battery drains off like flowing water!
Just like what you have experienced, Almost 30% drop during my sleeping hours from 11pm to 7am. The phone not even doing anything!
This sucks! Time to consider other brand.

Have you tried a reset. All you need to do is go to settings my device and check backup app data and all that. Allow it to sync. After it syncs everything do a factory reset. After you do the initial setup and log back into Gmail it will go ahead and re download apps with app data, all wife passwords and all that. The only thing I lost was apps I got from unknown sources and my messages. You can also use my backup pro to backup everything. But an fdr should clear up most issues.

We can't really blame the update without clearing everything first. Sometimes the old software will muddle up the new one. Until we clear everything from the old setup we are at fault. There's a reason why everyone tells you all to do a reset after an update. It's not just people grasping at straws. It has been tried and definitely works. I've had great battery life all along, but since I did the fdr it's got even better. Even if everything isn't backed up, it's not like your all world's will end because you had to take a little more time to get this great beast back where it needs to be.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Sumeetg

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

Just today i got one more update and the battery is improved a lot. Though once phone was warming up a lot i shut down to mobile data.
Also i am using the "CPU power saving".

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

What info are you wanting to backup? Basically, any screenshots that aren't on my card, I move to my SD card. I copy my download folder and move it to my SD card. I copy ringtones I want to keep and put them on my SD card, as well as wallpapers.

Then I do the reset, choose the one that doesn't wipe the card. My contacts, calendar, books, etc, come back when I sign into my Google acct. I go back to the play store and choose the apps I want to install again, under "all" that is under "my apps". Also, if you want, you can take screenshots of your homescreens to set all icons, widgets, etc back up like I had it. If you use a launcher, you can do a backup before you reset and it will back up to your card and you restore your desktop. No launcher, you just look at the screenshots and set it back up.

jsmat

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site

So the solution for me is as already mentioned

Factory reset - reupdate via kites - Factory reset

Battery is good now. hope it stays that way :)

Chris Flowers

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site

The new auto adapt screen tone seems to hit the battery hard. Might have to select a tone instead.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Bala Rishi

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site

hi! I too have the same problem. I was running on android 4.4 , but I didn't like the theme of it,. It was white. I liked the android 4.3's blue color. But I had 87% battery on night and early morning the phone turned off due to complete battery drain. I cant even now update to android 4.4 because Im rooted.Im planning to unroot my device , update to 4.4 then again update to 4.4.2 and then root again!
ANY HELP WITH 4.3 WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED! :)

saukriver

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

Problem solved.:

I bought a Moto X, and--although we used to have 4 Samsung phones in our house, we will never buy another Samsung product again. Good riddance to Samsung's Knox software, the battery drain that wrecked a phone I loved, and any other Samsung product of any kind. I don't believe in good conscience I could even give away this SGS3 phone.

Rishi Ashar

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

A new update N7100DDUEML4 couple of days back.

Had been testing it all this while, and it turns out to be smooth and very battery efficient. Wakelocks are almost gone. And the battery lasts for more than 30hrs with:

WIFI - ON
MOBILE DATA - ON
BRIGHTNESS - AUTO (FULL)
INTERNET/GAMING - Moderate

2013-12-30 07.48.02.png 2013-12-29 15.48.56.png

Emad Steitieh

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

dears ;

for this issue , first of all after installation of android 4.3 , you must (root) the mobile then install the (root explorer) and grant (permission) in the (superuser) , the search in the root explorer for (knox) , and (delete) everything related to it . then make (factory reset) and it will be 100% .

newbroot83

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

dears ;

for this issue , first of all after installation of android 4.3 , you must (root) the mobile then install the (root explorer) and grant (permission) in the (superuser) , the search in the root explorer for (knox) , and (delete) everything related to it . then make (factory reset) and it will be 100% .

1. Can verizons sch-1605 be rooted yet?
2. If I delete everything related to knox, then factory reset then knox will just be put back on. Sorry, but I don't quite see where that's going?

Mine has been great anyway. I lose about 1% an hour with use. Without use I may use 2% in 8 or 9 hours

Emad Steitieh

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

1) first of all , you need to root the device .
2) install root explorer .
3) search for knox in the root explorer.
4) delete anything named knox.
5) make factory reset .
6) restart the device .

newbroot83

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

1) first of all , you need to root the device .
2) install root explorer .
3) search for knox in the root explorer.
4) delete anything named knox.
5) make factory reset .
6) restart the device .

I understood the process but not what you are trying to accomplish. What I am asking is if this actually removes knox or does knox reappear?

salty101

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I too had inexplicable battery drain after updating to 4.3 on my S3 (see below).

Screenshot.png

What got my battery life back to normal was to just to let it completely drain to the point where the phone shut down by itself. Then I gave it a full charge and turned it back on. I strongly recommend this method to people who have experienced battery drain since the update.

I've gone days with great battery life since so let me know if this works for you as well.

kentrol72

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site

I cant get my battery to charge 100% after the update. I have the phone charging for 6+ hours and I will only get 30-40% charge. I will have to do a factory set as well I guess

Sent from my SG Note 2

Victor R

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Been reading this thread all morning. I too have battery drain. This morning I did not touch my phone for 1hr. It went from 92% to 87%. No use!. I have not reset it yet. Will try to drain it all the way today and try that method before reset. So... it should be here in the next hour or so. :mad:
Not understanding the factory reset your guys are saying. Factory reset then, update, then factory reset. Redundant? Wouldn't you be back to where you started?

Well, what I have done so far is turn off Samsung Hub and all Samsung stuff. It's been most of the day and I'm down to 70% which is acceptable. That seems to help a lot. Normal day I would be down to 50% use for a day maybe 40% by 11:00 pm or so.

Last edited:

Siddharth Jevade

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

battery drain issue solved automatically, with out doing any setting.
I think issue was from android it selfs now it has been resolved.

hurryyyyy.