09-26-2014 04:44 PM
152 ... 34567
tools
    Google Play Services and Android OS seem to use a lot more then previously. I seem to recall this effect after factory reset on 4.1.2 too. It settles down after a while.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
    01-02-2014 05:34 PM
    Serious??
    01-02-2014 10:19 PM
    Serious??

battery drain issue solved automatically, with out doing any setting.
    I think issue was from android it selfs now it has been resolved.

hurryyyyy.
    01-02-2014 10:21 PM
    So far its been good same thing done as yesterdays post. I went to sleep around 11 and it was down to 42% It's now 40%. Played Candy Crush for about an hour too
    01-02-2014 10:22 PM
    Yes Rishi,

You are absolutely Correct.. even same thing with my New Update . Please let me know once you have proper solution with this..I am really worried about ,

It is useless to use mobile if same thing is going to continue and literally it is better to change the Mobile i think. How ever let me know few solutions to overcome this problem.
    Thanks ..
    01-03-2014 12:59 AM
    Hi,

I also have a same problem brother. Also, it takes long time to charge the phone from 5 - 6 hrs. after the upgrade. Someone please give proper resolution.
    01-03-2014 01:50 AM
    You can simply disable all Knox services from startup. To do this you can use apps like 'All in one Toolbox'.
    I did it on my device as mine is also not rooted therefore I could not remove Knox but disabling the sevices from startup has worked for me.
    01-03-2014 02:49 AM
    my battery also drain very fast after 4.3 update. I try disable the "Daydream" service in Display setting and also Location services, but it did not help.
    Coincidentally i shutdown my my phone for about 5-10 min and after starting up the phone again, everything seem back to normal. Hope this help...
    01-03-2014 05:55 PM
    I ran the battery all the way down and then recharged to 100% today. Granted I have not used my phone much today but from this morning to now 10:04 pm its at 74%. Hope that helps somebody
    01-05-2014 10:05 PM
    Well, I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sprint). I tried any and all of the above without too much success. If I turn off all of the services as mentioned .. what's the point of a smart phone (or should I call it a dumb/smart phone).

Anyway I fixed the problem!!! Solution: I replaced the Samsung firmware with CyanogenMod over the Samsung/Sprint Firmware and now I'm happier than a clam. This is sooooooooo much better than Samsung's stock. It gets rid of a ton of Samsung / battery draining crapware.
    01-05-2014 10:48 PM
    Clearing data for any Google Play app sorted it out for me anyway.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
    01-06-2014 08:55 AM
    The best thing is to do hard reset before and after flashing /updating to new firmware. It clears leftover "junk" and gives the device a real fresh start...
    01-06-2014 09:38 AM
    Hey There.
    Just did the upgrade for 4.3 about 1.5 hours ago. Battery drain is INCREDIBLE! It's down to 72% in just one hour and I'm using exactly what I did before.
    Before the upgrade I would only use about 20% battery in 9 Hours before I even charged it again. What's up?
    Cheers.
    01-07-2014 09:33 AM
    Hey There.
    Just did the upgrade for 4.3 about 1.5 hours ago. Battery drain is INCREDIBLE! It's down to 72% in just one hour and I'm using exactly what I did before.
    Before the upgrade I would only use about 20% battery in 9 Hours before I even charged it again. What's up?
    Cheers.
    Have you cleared your cache? Dirty flashing is almost never a good thing. Most updates take a few days to settle in anyway. Give it time. If no improvement do an fdr

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    01-07-2014 09:45 AM
    I did a clean install. From my observations the battery should be excellent and on par with 4.1.2 if under light to no use. However, when put into moderate to heavy use, the battery tanks and dies much more quickly. I do a lot of LTE browsing and work and I can tell you that the battery is not as good as before. Under moderate to heavy usage, the battery is definitely a little worse. I only average around 4 hours of screen time now. I could get a little more on 4.1.2.

Also Android OS shows up on the odd occasion chewing up 100% of battery and keeping the device awake causing huge battery drain. Never figured this strange bug out. It randomly happens from time to time. Soft reset doesn't fix it either. Have to charge full and reset the battery stats to have it work normally again. How strange is that?
    01-07-2014 10:46 AM
    I did a clean install. From my observations the battery should be excellent and on par with 4.1.2 if under light to no use. However, when put into moderate to heavy use, the battery tanks and dies much more quickly. I do a lot of LTE browsing and work and I can tell you that the battery is not as good as before. Under moderate to heavy usage, the battery is definitely a little worse. I only average around 4 hours of screen time now. I could get a little more on 4.1.2.

Also Android OS shows up on the odd occasion chewing up 100% of battery and keeping the device awake causing huge battery drain. Never figured this strange bug out. It randomly happens from time to time. Soft reset doesn't fix it either. Have to charge full and reset the battery stats to have it work normally again. How strange is that?
    You did a full factory reset before updating?

01-07-2014 10:55 AM
    Clean install. Meaning I did cache wipe, hard reset, update, cache wipe and hard reset again. All in Android Recovery Console.

I actually did 3-4 Hard resets while testing 4.3.
    01-07-2014 07:32 PM
    Clean install. Meaning I did cache wipe, hard reset, update, cache wipe and hard reset again. All in Android Recovery Console.

I actually did 3-4 Hard resets while testing 4.3.
    Hmmmm.....you are one of the few I believe having problems after the update after doing an fdr....

01-07-2014 08:18 PM
    ATT 4.3 no root full stock. Here im here to tell you guys its settings on your phone, nothing more. Google+ is the devil, location services while ok should be set to wifi only. Watch what you types of items use cloud syncing. Set display to auto and set color to movie mode.

Software updates have been know to change settings on the fly so if you previously set these then go back and check again. They may have changed without your input.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    01-07-2014 10:38 PM
    There are users that are reporting heavy battery drain under moderate to heavy use. They also notice that on light to no use the battery has excellent life. So it could be tied to the performance increase Samsung made with 4.3. Heavy usage (for me) involves LTE browsing (not just a few minutes; more over an hour or so), S Pen sketching/drawing, notes, SMS, calls, etc. The screen is almost always on and it gives me an average of 4 hours. That's with Movie mode, auto-brightness, auto-tone, Wi-Fi on 24/7, day dream off, etc. The same settings and usage I had with 4.1.2 and I can push screen time average over 4 hours.

Again, I have no battery issues if I go to light to no use. It's actually great and on par with 4.1.2. It's only when I start to really push the device that it starts to tank. Others have noticed this as well.
    01-07-2014 10:46 PM
    There are users that are reporting heavy battery drain under moderate to heavy use. They also notice that on light to no use the battery has excellent life. So it could be tied to the performance increase Samsung made with 4.3. Heavy usage (for me) involves LTE browsing (not just a few minutes; more over an hour or so), S Pen sketching/drawing, notes, SMS, calls, etc. The screen is almost always on and it gives me an average of 4 hours. That's with Movie mode, auto-brightness, auto-tone, Wi-Fi on 24/7, day dream off, etc. The same settings and usage I had with 4.1.2 and I can push screen time average over 4 hours.

Again, I have no battery issues if I go to light to no use. It's actually great and on par with 4.1.2. It's only when I start to really push the device that it starts to tank. Others have noticed this as well.
    So it aint so...heavy battery drain under heavy use? That just doesnt sound right. Sounds to me like people want a never ending battery no matter how hard they push the phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    01-07-2014 11:19 PM
    No. Just that under the same heavy usage, the battery is not the same as 4.1.2. There is a significant difference in life. Could be Samsung tweaked performance at greater expense of the battery. That could explain why heavy users see a much more noticeable drop in battery life than a light user.
    01-08-2014 12:15 AM
    Hi hilary

From last couple of days, again I am facing battery drain problem very badly.
    I thought it was solved by android/ google services but all in vain.

Dear all
    yesterday night my battery on 41% at 9pm, after awake at 7.30 am without touching my phone it only remain 7%.
    what the hell is going on.

Help me. phone use is very moderate. net on when its require only for 2-3 mints.
    No game play no surfing.
    Still battery drain issue.

what to do. ?????????
    01-08-2014 12:47 AM
    Serious??
    Hi hilary

From last couple of days, again I am facing battery drain problem very badly.
    I thought it was solved by android/ google services but all in vain.

Dear all
    yesterday night my battery on 41% at 9pm, after awake at 7.30 am without touching my phone it only remain 7%.
    what the hell is going on.

Help me. phone use is very moderate. net on when its require only for 2-3 mints.
    No game play no surfing.
    Still battery drain issue.

what to do. ?????????
    01-08-2014 12:48 AM
    It could be the Android System going wrong, keeping the device awake and not allowing deep sleep mode. This is the same issue I am encountering on mine. I found that doing a full charge, an actual shutdown and boot will resolve the issue with Android System. This occurs at random and I haven't figured out what triggers this event and keeps it going. I found this to be the culprit when huge battery drain takes place for no reason on 4.3.

Again, there should be no issue with battery life if not used.
    01-08-2014 09:32 AM
152 ... 34567