T-Mobile Pre-order Thread.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
You can try Samsung financing and get a carrier or unlocked version.

I might do that. They have an upgrade program whereby you can get a new Galaxy device every year by trading the previous one in, but apparently pre-orders aren't eligible for that program, so you'd have to wait til sometime after the phone is in stores to take advantage.

About 2 weeks ago I sold my father's used S9 Plus for about $290, which is roughly the going rate online. Wish I knew T-Mobile would end up offering $500 for it toward the Note20 -_-

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yea but more and more people in up breaking their phones or want to upgrade and are force to pay the phone off if it's worth less. I'll agree the 18 dollars is kind of steep. 10-12 use to be easier to swallow, but then again phone prices are increasing.
I do not have the protection plan. I honestly don't think it's right that you have to pay $18/month extra to get the regular Jump option when your phone is 50% paid off. If Protection 360 is simply an optional insurance plan for your phone, why would it be mandatory for something unrelated like Jump? IMO it's T-Mobile's way of charging interest.

That said, it might be the only T-Mobile option for avoiding the massive down payment and upgrading the phone after a year. You're paying an extra $216 (plus tax) over those 12 months just to have that option, though.

The Samsung deals are looking a bit sweeter.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Went ahead and applied for Samsung Financing, then did the Guaranteed Buyback so I can upgrade next year as well. Apparently can only do that with the Unlocked model, though I usually get a slightly smoother experience with the carrier model (T-Mobile for me). But that's alright. It's worth it. Definitely a better deal than anything T-Mobile was offering despite my 7 years with them total, and 4 years using Jump on Demand. I've been growing increasingly disappointed with their pricing since John Legere left.

Anyway, thank you @james702283 (in a different thread), as well as @buzzy3970 and @mustang7757 for the help. Hope we get our phones soon!

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The time will fly by. At least I hope so .
Went ahead and applied for Samsung Financing, then did the Guaranteed Buyback so I can upgrade next year as well. Apparently can only do that with the Unlocked model, though I usually get a slightly smoother experience with the carrier model (T-Mobile for me). But that's alright. It's worth it. Definitely a better deal than anything T-Mobile was offering despite my 7 years with them total, and 4 years using Jump on Demand. I've been growing increasingly disappointed with their pricing since John Legere left.

Anyway, thank you @james702283 (in a different thread), as well as @buzzy3970 and @mustang7757 for the help. Hope we get our phones soon!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Glad we could help !

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Agreed. Used to love that you could get a new JOD phone for almost 100 down. Now they want 550 bucks??!! No way. Thinking about paying mine off for 410 then financing through Samsung where you can still upgrade yearly. Just will costs me 410 for then 650 trade in value through Samsung.
I finally broke the cycle back in February. T-mobile JOD is a huge scam now. Samsung has many more options for 0 down, 0% financing and Galaxy upgrade program. The only issue I see with the yearly upgrade program is you need to wait a year before the next upgrade, meaning you won't be able to get pre-order gifts if you get all Note phones every year.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

I wasn't aware that the buyback program only used the unlocked version. Is that the same as Galaxy upgrades? I was going through the motions doing a checkout the other day and they gave me three options at checkout for the T-mobile phone I selected - pay in full, 0% for 36 months or Galaxy upgrade.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Another note about the Samsung Galaxy yearly upgrade program - if you get a trade in for $650 on your Note 20 Ultra, you would only owe $325 after one year. So, you are almost giving them back some value at the end of one year with only $325 credit.
I'm sure everyone doesn't look at it this year. However, it came to mind when I was considering my options. The next phone will be considerably more per month. Food for thought.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Another note about the Samsung Galaxy yearly upgrade program - if you get a trade in for $650 on your Note 20 Ultra, you would only owe $325 after one year. So, you are almost giving them back some value at the end of one year with only $325 credit.
I'm sure everyone doesn't look at it this year. However, it came to mind when I was considering my options. The next phone will be considerably more per month. Food for thought.

I trade in to avoid dealing with listing, shipping, fees and such. $650 is $650 whether I get it from Samsung as credit, or from a buyer as cash. Either way, it's going toward the next Note. With that being said, last year I sold my tablet (Tab something with SPen) to get the Tab S6 and came out significantly ahead. I see your point.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't aware that the buyback program only used the unlocked version. Is that the same as Galaxy upgrades? I was going through the motions doing a checkout the other day and they gave me three options at checkout for the T-mobile phone I selected - pay in full, 0% for 36 months or Galaxy upgrade.

I believe the Buyback program only started with the S20. It's different than the Upgrade program. They'll buy back the phone anytime within 20 months for half the amount you purchased it ($650 in this case). Works for me, I plan to do it after 12 months and get the next Note.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I trade in to avoid dealing with listing, shipping, fees and such. $650 is $650 whether I get it from Samsung as credit, or from a buyer as cash. Either way, it's going toward the next Note. With that being said, last year I sold my tablet (Tab something with SPen) to get the Tab S6 and came out significantly ahead. I see your point.

NVM... I'm speaking a different language. Doesn't apply. 😊

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I've always kept my "Play Money Pot" handy, (hidden in the background) just for moments like these so I don't have to deal with Financing! I just buy the phone outright every time I decide it's time to buy a new one! I ordered my black 512GB on 8/6, traded my Note 9 for $550 and got $150 Cash which I used towards my white "Galaxy Buds Live" - expected 8/21 and the charge to my card is still "pending"!

(Play Money - A.K.A. - Phones, Computers, Truck Parts, Camper Parts!)

ajbrad71

May 28, 2011
Visit site
going through T mobile for the jump upgrade. trading in a s9 for 500. anybody with experience on when the credits kick in.

DaBlackman619

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I went through samsung this year. JOD price was to high. Happy to be done with buying phone through T-mobile. Love how all your free stuff comes with phone through samsung

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I went through samsung this year. JOD price was to high. Happy to be done with buying phone through T-mobile. Love how all your free stuff comes with phone through samsung

Ditto this. I'm supposedly on T-Mobile's highest credit tier, yet JOD down payments were still asinine. I made sure to let them know I feel about it, too. Also going to generally keep my eyes on the other carriers. Kept my 4 lines on Tmo just for JOD, so no reason to stay with them anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty