S21 T-Mobile (and former Sprint) Pre-order, anyone else?

Benny07

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I got my phone today. Set-up and activate were easy and fast.

But when I went to register it on the Shop Samsung app, it registered as a 128 GB AT&T variant, and denied my $200 credit claim. The box says 256GB. The sim is T-Mobile. So now I'm on perpetual hold with tech help. *sigh* It is always something.

Both of my ultra 256 sprint versions with t-mobile Sim cards said they were not eligible. Went to the samsung chat and they elevated it to tier 3 support. Had to send in some information, but I believe I should be getting the credit manually added soon.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Did you double check the IMEI number?

Yup. Many times. Samsung confirmed that their systems have the proper info, and it is working fine with Sprint/TMobile. No idea why it did what it did.

Luke Benny07, my registration problem has been elevated.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Both of my ultra 256 sprint versions with t-mobile Sim cards said they were not eligible. Went to the samsung chat and they elevated it to tier 3 support. Had to send in some information, but I believe I should be getting the credit manually added soon.

Can you describe your Tier 3 support experience? Were you able to speak with someone directly? I was told they'd send me an email, but I've not seen anything yet. If they told me how long it would take, I guess I didn't notice. They did say, several times, that I was absolutely eligible for the credit. On the other hand, these huge companies are not terribly consistent from rep to rep.

Benny07

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I received an email a day after my chat with samsung. They wanted me to email them a clear image of my receipt, my IMEI number and my current mailing address. Sent that in and they responded a week later saying that they then needed a screen shot of my IMEI, sent that in Tuesday and now I'm back to waiting for a response.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I got my phone today. Set-up and activate were easy and fast.

But when I went to register it on the Shop Samsung app, it registered as a 128 GB AT&T variant, and denied my $200 credit claim. The box says 256GB. The sim is T-Mobile. So now I'm on perpetual hold with tech help. *sigh* It is always something.

Did you remember to upload a proof of purchase? I almost missed that step because it's never asked me for this before. I just took a screenshot of my order confirmation email from T-Mobile and that was sufficient to get it approved.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Did you remember to upload a proof of purchase? I almost missed that step because it's never asked me for this before. I just took a screenshot of my order confirmation email from T-Mobile and that was sufficient to get it approved.

I've not yet heard back from Tier 3 support about sending in anything. I chatted with an agent today, and they said it could take until Tuesday. I'm taking note of what you all say you sent in. Thanks for the info.

EDIT: 5 minutes after posting this, my email came in. :)

Benny07

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Here is response I just received from Samsung.

"Thank you for being patient. We are happy to confirm you have been fully approved for your Samsung promotional gift and no further action is required at this time. Please allow a few days for your approval to sync in our system."

It's going to take a couple more days but I'm glad everything worked out.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
T-mobile still running the $800 off deal.

My friend and her husband did the $800 deal a couple weeks ago and they have S9 and S9+. They got Ultra 512 but I think they have a while to 2ait like next week or beginning of March. I can't wait I am excited for her she's going to love it!

Last edited:

Benny07

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Wondering is any of you are using the samsung messenger. If so are you getting blue bubbles when texting someone else on Android with rcs? Every text I send is in a green bubble. I miss the blue ones I was getting on my s9.