No Blue Chat Bubbles Even on RCS?

ZDK

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
So despite the generally believed notion that Green Chat Bubbles signify SMS and Blue Chat Bubbles indicate RCS, my Chat bubbles in the Samsung messaging app have stayed that same dull green color despite having RCS through Tmobile. Besides switching to a 3rd party messaging app or theme (which I DO NOT want to do)...is there a fix in settings for this, or is this just the color Samsung forces all of it messages in its Messages app to be?
(This post was posted on another forum and it appears no one is aware of RCS)
Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

nmacmil

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
So despite the generally believed notion that Green Chat Bubbles signify SMS and Blue Chat Bubbles indicate RCS, my Chat bubbles in the Samsung messaging app have stayed that same dull green color despite having RCS through Tmobile. Besides switching to a 3rd party messaging app or theme (which I DO NOT want to do)...is there a fix in settings for this, or is this just the color Samsung forces all of it messages in its Messages app to be?
(This post was posted on another forum and it appears no one is aware of RCS)
Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Mine are blue when I'm chatting using RCS, but some are green. The answer I got from Samsung is it's carrier dependant on some phones and phone dependant on others. A friend of mine has a S9 and our chats used to be blue bubbles. After she did a software update they went green. She also uses a different carrier than me. I put my sim in her phone and RCS works so I'm guessing her carrier has it blocked for that model of phone because another friend on the same carrier as her with a note 10+ can RCS chat with me. Also some friends on my same network can't RCS with me using their Samsung phones. So carrier dependant. With the phone dependant side of things, Sammy tech support told that Samsung has the ability to allow it or not through software and because RCS is relatively new for Samsung, they disable it on some devices after collecting usage data to try to improve it in the app. I call BS on that, but that's what I was told. Hope my confusing answer helps a little. Lol.

ZDK

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Understood..its just crazy cause I really do despise the green colored txt bubbles...but I DO NOT want to use a 3rd party launcher nor do I want to switch to another theme. What to do ?

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I dunno if this is true but I heard google messages has RCS enabled. If you switch to it, it doesn't matter if your carrier supports RCS or not it still works if your phone is capable. Like I said that's what I heard not sure if it's true.

ZDK

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Google does it through their proprietary Message app (forced). Tmobile (and now Sprint) and I believe AT&t have enabled RCS on their devices. I don't know about Verizon.
I use Tmobile and it definitely works...its just them damn text bubbles

Mandarita

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
So exactly how do we enable it or even know if we have it? I'm not sure what this RCS is all about but I wanna be a cool kid, too.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So exactly how do we enable it or even know if we have it? I'm not sure what this RCS is all about but I wanna be a cool kid, too.
Open the message app the 3 dots upper right tap and choose settings >more settings >text messages tap see if read receipts to toggle on

James Rogers2

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Last time I was on carrier model firmware , it did work for me , all carrier firmware should have rcs
Att hasn't enabled it on the Samsung messages yet. It works with Google messages though. I don't think Verizon has enabled it either through the Samsung messages app. I really wish they would because I prefer the Samsung app.

Mandarita

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
I have read receipts and typing alert turned on. Doesn't seem like that's worth all this hullabaloo. I'll have to go read more. I'm not sure I like people knowing when I read they're text. They might want me to reply.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Open the message app the 3 dots upper right tap and choose settings >more settings >text messages tap see if read receipts to toggle on
I don't use the RCS on my AT&T phones Samsung Message never liked it tried for a while on my Note10 Plus, Then i decided to disable it, i think it's worthless, it's been on AT&T for few years or so.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't use the RCS on my AT&T phones Samsung Message never liked it tried for a while on my Note10 Plus, Then i decided to disable it, i think it's worthless, it's been on AT&T for few years or so.
Yeah I remember it on the carrier firmwares both Tmobile and Att