SM-N986U1 HD calling icon ? T-mobile.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
When calling 611, is one supposed to see an HD calling icon on the dialler when the call is being placed using cellular, with wifi off? My previous non american note 20 ultra did. Was wondering if this is normal behavior . Cheers.

Last edited:

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I never noticed an icon as you described, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there. My US N20U on T-Mobile is an unlocked model, as you mentioned in the title, so that might be a factor. Maybe, the icon doesn't appear on the unlocked model.

Last edited:

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When calling 611, is one supposed to see an HD calling icon on the dialler when the call is being placed using cellular and wifi off? My previous non american note 20 ultra did. Was wondering if this is normal behavior . Cheers.

I always have that HD icon when a call is placed...

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
I purchased my note from Tmobile and never saw that icon yet.
I never noticed an icon as you described, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there. My US N20U on T-Mobile is an unlocked model, as you mentioned in the title, so that might be a factor. Maybe, the icon doesn't appear on the unlocked model.
Looks like it's normal for it not to show then. Thanks.
I could have sworn on my previous american usa spec samsung s10+ and note 9 it did. Maybe they got rid of that eye candy. But I believe calls are still HD via volte just doesn't show it.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Looks like it's normal for it not to show then. Thanks.
I could have sworn on my previous american usa spec samsung s10+ and note 9 it did. Maybe they got rid of that eye candy. But I believe calls are still HD via volte just doesn't show it.

I do remember seeing it on my locked T-Mobile s9+. I'll be watching for it now. :)