Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in Canada - APN settings resetting on their own(using data-only plan SIM)

mindracer

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
So I have a Telus Galaxy Note 3 (I paid full price), and I got a tablet only plan from TELUS.
Problem is, when I put the SIM card in my phone, it defaults to sp.telus.com, and doesnt allow me to switch to isp.telus.com.
I have to manually add a new APN with isp.telus.com, or else im charged outrageous charges. Even worse, sometimes the new APN gets deleted and switches back to sp.telus.com ($$$$).

I unlocked my phone and put a bell SIM card in it, and it goes to pda.bell.ca (apparently the tablet only plan is on pda2.bell.ca, so im assuming i have to do the same thing).
Have anyone been through the same thing, any tips? Do i have to completely root my phone and put another ROM like cyanogenmod to solve this problem? (I dont really wanna lose all my S-Note features though..)

I looked for apps, and apparently no apn apps exist anymore.
At the very least i need a widget or something that writes my APN on the homescreen so i can verify if im on the wrong APN often.

Help! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs