How are you Pre-ordering your Note 3?

Ted Ockels

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm currently under contract with AT&T... when I tried to pre-order at full-retail over the phone, they said I could only do it at an AT&T store. So I went to the store and after waiting 20 minutes for the rep. to figure it all out he said that I could only pre-order if I signed a new contract.

I will probably just wait till release day, but that got me thinking... what are my available options?

Will there be a developer model to pre-order through Samsung?
What about pre-ordering through Best Buy at full retail? Will it be unlocked?
Lastly, should I add a "dummy" line on my plan... pay $20 a month extra... then get the phone on contract for $299?

Other options? How are you guys going about it?

Thanks!

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if AT&T will sell this off contract day 1 even if they won't allow you to pre order off contract. I might try the Samsung Experience shop in Best Buy.

benski

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
That is really strange.

I am as well on contract, but I was able to purchase via the website for the no-contract price without any hassle.
On a side note, when the GS4 came out, I tried to purchase in store off contract and the sales rep flat out refused to.

Ted Ockels

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
That is really strange.

I am as well on contract, but I was able to purchase via the website for the no-contract price without any hassle.
On a side note, when the GS4 came out, I tried to purchase in store off contract and the sales rep flat out refused to.

I'll try the website again tonight, that didn't seem to work for me last time. Anyone else have thoughts?

zombiedave

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
In the uk I use, handtec, unlocked-mobiles, clove or expansys.......depends which one is cheaper. Sometimes I go amazon but the note 3 is not listed yet.

TheMaskedMamba

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I ordered mine online. I manage my companies Corp account so I just upgraded my company provided cell and will just swap when the phone arrives

Sent from my SG Note Deux using Tapatalk 4

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
@TheMaskedMamba Have you done this before? I did it when I upgraded to my GS3, then I had to get a new SIM card when I put it on my personal line. Will I be able to just take the Verizon SIM card out of my S3 and throw it in the Note3?

Last edited:

Grifter9931

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm currently under contract with AT&T... when I tried to pre-order at full-retail over the phone, they said I could only do it at an AT&T store. So I went to the store and after waiting 20 minutes for the rep. to figure it all out he said that I could only pre-order if I signed a new contract.

I will probably just wait till release day, but that got me thinking... what are my available options?

Will there be a developer model to pre-order through Samsung?
What about pre-ordering through Best Buy at full retail? Will it be unlocked?
Lastly, should I add a "dummy" line on my plan... pay $20 a month extra... then get the phone on contract for $299?

Other options? How are you guys going about it?

Thanks!

Costco!!!!

They have bundles with every phone and I have gotten an S4 via them and it came with a bunch of goodies... If only Sprint would get their act together and stop trying to gravy train the Iphone nonsense. October would be delightful..

iggyhusband

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I pre-ordered mine by going to a Verizon store this past Friday. Ordered the black one. They couldn't add any cases at the time of ordering though.

Posted via Android Central App

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I've not pre-ordered. I'm trying to wait until it comes out, gets the first set of patches and such. Also hoping for UAG to have their case out for it before I buy. And hopefully root and TWRP will have been achieved.

I'm not sure I can hold out that long though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11