Kept unlimited data and got a gn3

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Let's assume you're right. Verizon has a legal team deeper than all of the Major League Baseball's infield. Compared to the resources of the typical forum reader...you think someone like you, me, and the most die-hard forum reader is going to come out ahead in a lawsuit with Verizon? Suing over a service that isn't even owned by a customer? Yeah...

I'm not going to sue Verizon for a service I don't own (though I'll join a class-action...why not?!) I'd rather just avoid the headache altogether and just use the "legal" loophole of the alternate upgrade, which I have heard is doable by not one, but TWO Verizon reps. Believe me, if I thought this thing was doable, I'd have been one of the many doing the upgrade on my line, but I figured a rumor, a glitch or whatever was not worth the risk.

Upgrading a dummy line for $240 plus the cost of a hot phone like the Note 3? That's an acceptable risk!

I never said to not use the right way? I'm a fan of buying my phones 100% so I'm not against it. I'm just saying regardless of sueing or not you cannot sell something in this country than change it later as you feel.. That's bait and switch. If it was as easy as just having lawyers to pull off a bait and switch then all major companies could do it and own all of us by that logic.. Since we couldn't go against them as you say since they have the field a of lawyers.

Again.. It's illegal. They can't and won't do it. They will either change your plan by notifying you if you chose to not return the phone and buy it outright... IF they even go as far as to try and reverse it.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

dss2000

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Yea it just mean one company is less evil than the other. But also AT&T values their loyal customers. Verizon can care less about their customers. Its all about how much money they can squeeze out of them.

Only reason VZW can get away with it is because they do have the largest network.

I'm hoping T Mobile improves there network to become a viable alternative to provide competition.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping T Mobile improves there network to become a viable alternative to provide competition.

Posted via Android Central App

They have in some areas. I get great speeds in Jacksonville.

cg101

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I never said to not use the right way? I'm a fan of buying my phones 100% so I'm not against it. I'm just saying regardless of sueing or not you cannot sell something in this country than change it later as you feel.. That's bait and switch. If it was as easy as just having lawyers to pull off a bait and switch then all major companies could do it and own all of us by that logic.. Since we couldn't go against them as you say since they have the field a of lawyers.

Again.. It's illegal. They can't and won't do it. They will either change your plan by notifying you if you chose to not return the phone and buy it outright... IF they even go as far as to try and reverse it.

I am not defending Verizon, and I hope you understand that. All I am saying is this would be one of those situations where even when you're right, you're wrong. And if you're not wrong, you're going to spend a lot of money and time proving that you're right. Most people who did the upgrade via the glitch do not have the money and time suing Verizon for a bait and switch. PLUS, I'm pretty sure Verizon covered their slimy selves in a myriad of lawyer-speak for such an occasion and would not be surprised if they people who "upgraded" were the first pawns to get sent out and slaughtered.

I wasn't going through this BS on the *chance* that I'd get sweet upgrade and unlimited data. I'd rather go through alternate upgrade...others should do the same. That's been known to work and Verizon (via their reps) are on record that it's legitimate. This glitch is not legitimate...

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Just posted on Droid-Life:

Here is the statement we just received:

Over the past weekend, there was a software issue involving some orders for customers seeking to upgrade their devices. A number of customers who were upgrading devices were able to maintain an unlimited monthly data feature while paying a subsidized price.

Verizon Wireless will honor those orders that were approved this past weekend, allowing those customers to retain their unlimited plans for the duration of their contract and receive their new device.

Verizon Wireless corrected this software issue today (9/30). The company no longer offers unlimited data plans and customers who want to retain existing unlimited data plans, must pay full retail price for a replacement phone.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If they do switch it I assume that would be a materialistic change and get out of contract with no ETF and also a brand new phone to use on another carrier. Win/win?

It depends on whether or not it is in the terms of service. Verizon changed the upgrade date for people on contract and claimed that they could so without having to waive etf

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

polo2883

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
It depends on whether or not it is in the terms of service. Verizon changed the upgrade date for people on contract and claimed that they could so without having to waive etf

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

I guess it does not matter now since they are going to honor the "glitch". I usually get pretty good results when I submit complaints to BBB and FCC.

polo2883

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I am still looking for the official Verizon statement. What all the blog sites are reporting is good but if something falls you and you reference those sites, I highly doubt Verizon honor it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am still looking for the official Verizon statement. What all the blog sites are reporting is good but if something falls you and you reference those sites, I highly doubt Verizon honor it.

Engadget is well known... And the post says they received the notice directly from Verizon. These sites couldn't say that and post statements.. Verizon would be all over them for liein.

polo2883

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Engadget is well known... And the post says they received the notice directly from Verizon. These sites couldn't say that and post statements.. Verizon would be all over them for liein.

I agree with that but having an official statement from Verizon is better.

Now I need to figure out if my order really is shipping 11/11. I ordered a gold iPhone 5s and my Note 3 in the same order. The order status shows 11/11 for ship date.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree with that but having an official statement from Verizon is better.

Now I need to figure out if my order really is shipping 11/11. I ordered a gold iPhone 5s and my Note 3 in the same order. The order status shows 11/11 for ship date.

It... Is... An .. Official statement... :banghead:

polo2883

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
so looking on consumerist.com someone who ordered during the glitch got their data switched to tiered pricing. But he was able to correct it by contacting verizon. I hope this is a one off and not what is going to happen to everyone who go in on the glitch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87