With Note 3 in hand, I'm a kid in a candy store...

Father Mike

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I am what you would consider a newbie in every regard to this new and dazzling world known as android OS. I am new to Samsung, new to android, and I am new to the forum here at Android Central. I've been an iPhone users for over six years and I must say, making the switch was the best tech decision I've made in a long time. As a previous iPhone user, I was far from a fan-boy. I never really drooled over the iPhone, but I also never really felt compelled to look anywhere else. That is of course until the latest installment of the iPhone 5s/5c. For some reason, the scales fell from my eyes and I saw all the iPhones from the past, discarded for the ever new and shinny model. What struck me was how similar they all were. From the 3G, 3GS, 4, 4s, 5, 5s. No one can deny progress was made from the 3g to the 5s, but not in the way android phones made leaps and bounds. I began looking online at other phones and what I saw was a robust and vivacious market of ideas competing for our attention and money.

I feel that it is the competition between the various manufactures that have created such wonderful features which come together ever so nicely in the Galaxy Note 3. From the moment I booted up the Note 3, I felt like Charlie in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory who for the first time saw the chocolate river and gumdrop flowers... and yes, even the umpa-lumpas. Even features that many experienced android users would find boring and second hand amazed me because they were absent from the iPhone. With iOS i felt so boxed in and confined but with android I can change almost anything I desire. Instead of forming my habits to the phone, the phone can be conformed to me. I now am frolicking in a world of widgets and uncluttered home screens, multitasking and live wallpapers, expandable memory and removable batteries. I just never knew this world really existed.

Being so new to the community here at Android Central and Android in general, I do not have the experience or wherewithal to offer advice with regards to using Android in any technical way. I can however offer advice to those thinking of switching over to Android. My biggest fear in switching was the transfer of all my personal data from the Apple ecosystem to Android. In truth, It was quick and painless. In less than an half and hour all my music, contact and text message were safely and completely synced to my Note 3. The only thing I had to say good-bye to were my apps from the apps store. But when you think about it, how many apps do you really use in a given day, week or year. Chances are, not as many as are on your home screen. When I really though about it, I noticed that it been months since I played most of the games on my iPhone or used most of the apps that stared back at me each and every day. Not having the ability to clean your home screen on iPhone gives you the visual reminder of all you would be leaving behind. But in reality, it isn't much.

I made the leap, came over to android and I couldn't be happier. What a wonderful and amazing world I have walked into and I can't wait to explore all the various facets of this device. I'm glad I broke through the barrier with the Galaxy Note 3. With Apples construction, I was used to a premium phone and with the Note 3, it is every bit as premium. It's an amazing device that leaves me constantly wanting to pick it up and utilize its powerful features. I know that this device will be a trusted confidant in my daily routine for quite a while.

toondw

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I have come over from iOS after 6 years. I even bought the 5s but sent it back as the note 3 'called out' to me. Almost all the apps I used on iOS are here, and I love the bigger screen. Perfect, even my wife who would never leave iOS is interested (she will never admit it however)

Posted via Android Central App

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
II made the leap, came over to android and I couldn't be happier. What a wonderful and amazing world I have walked into and I can't wait to explore all the various facets of this device.

I have come over from iOS after 6 years.

So... you both took the red pill eh??? Welcome!!
LEHCqMz.jpg

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I picked mine up from Sprint Friday morning and due to my personal needs, it sits at home for those few minutes I can put toward it. The amount of bloatware is horrid.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95