Does it matter how much you charge your phone?

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Getting wireless charging pad.. Does it matter if you put it on there with still like 50 percent left? Won't damage the battery if you keep doing it? As I know people say it does on the iPhone

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Ya know that's a good question and one I'm sure many folks have so I did some research and what I found leads me to this:

"Do not follow the method of full charge and full discharge. Avoid letting your cell phone's battery run all the way down. Unlike nickel-based batteries (such as the NiCd or NiMH rechargeable AA batteries seen in most supermarkets), lithium-based batteries are designed to be charged early and often, and letting them get too low can damage the battery. With Lithium batteries, doing shallow discharges and frequent charging prolongs battery life."

I found that and other battery strengthening/saving tips here...hope it helps a little.

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I can't watch the video right now so I don't know if it's answered, but would it be ok to leave it plugged in for long periods of time? I tend to leave my note 2 plugged in when at work so I don't run out of battery while tethering.