Group Messaging with Note 3

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I had issues with the note 2 stock app and group messages. I am running a ROM and the stock android messaging app and group text work with that with my contacts who also have group text. My note 3 arrived tomorrow and hope it works stock

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
When you put multiple contacts in the "to" section, it'll ask whether you want individual (goes separately and replies are separated) or group which is what u want. I've done it on note 2 stock app. Plus my husband still has note 2 and does this daily with his coworkers. Pic is of my s4 but note 2 looks the same.

Edited: nevemind won't allow me to attach pic

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk now Free

Kuljeet Randhawa

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe none of you noticed, he's using Imessage and not text messaging in that picture. If it was texting, the message bubbles wud be green. This isn't possible due to carrier restrictions. He would need an IM client like whatsapp, or sone thing along the lines of that. He could receive them in his chat altogether, but the other ppl that he sent the group message to won't be able to reply to the other ppl in the group message. Only to him

noteiii007

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I was on a note 2 and the stock sms did not allow group inbound mags. It was horrible! The note 3 is awesome as it now supports inbound sms messages and mms. I dunno why for inbound sms it always says converting to mms for 2 secs. That is annoying but I can deal with it.

Posted via Android Central App

SinsContained

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I was on a note 2 and the stock sms did not allow group inbound mags. It was horrible! The note 3 is awesome as it now supports inbound sms messages and mms. I dunno why for inbound sms it always says converting to mms for 2 secs. That is annoying but I can deal with it.

you can turn that message off in the settings for your messages

waklee1

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't work. I have a note 3 on AT&T and you can send a group text, but when someone replies it comes back as nky from that person and not the group. I've read through this thread and tried all the settings and nope. I also tested as by texting my wife and daughter and each came back as a separate reply. It does work if you use the separate AT&T messenger service app , but that app sucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4

noteiii007

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a sprint note 3 and get sms from two att iPhone users in a group. I can also reply and both get it. This is using the built in sms.

noteiii007

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Sins:

I looked at the alert setting for mms and it isn't checked! So why does it flash on the bottom of screen?

juditay

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I cant see where to select group messaging in the samsung messaging app? Slide messaging doesn't group the messages and for Chat On the receiver has to hv that app. I'm getting frustrated to say the least!

dpoverlord

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I converted from Blackberry and could send text messages to 200-300 people per group. I went to the Q10 which did not have this and found an app that seems to do what you and I want. It's called MightyText.

I plan to install it as I saw a friend with it.

I need to:

Create multiple groups that are editable
Click a group and then click Send SMS (like os 5.0 in the 9650), this message then gets broken off to blocks of 10 so everyone gets it.

I am assuming I can use my Gmail address book to create the groups. I DO NOT want people to see the group. This way it shows as if I was sending it to each person individually.

mercdynasty

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a note 3 with AT&T.

I noticed that I have similar issues with a group text. However, my problem is that people's names don't appear above their picture such as when I had iPhone and was using group text. Any thoughts on how to add that? I have checked through all the sms messaging options and found no hints.

Thanks,

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
My stock messaging app and Handcent both use group texting. It didn't work right on my Note 2, but it does on my Note 3.

ScottJohn10

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
My sister is unable to send a group message to me. She has an iphone and I have no problem texting her one one on. But if she includes me in a group text, I never get it. I have group messaging checked on my phone. Any reason my Note 3 can't receive group messages?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthHONK