Question for those coming from iPhone

HiMynameisMattyK

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. I finally decided I'm going with the Note 3. I'm going to buy it tomorrow but I have one question: How do I get my contacts from my iPhone to the Note 3? I am trading in my iPhone to AT&T so I will not have both phones at the same time. I could have sworn the lady at AT&T who helped me out said that she can transfer my contacts but I'm not 100% sure. Did anyone else have AT&T do this? I read from a google search that I can download an app on the iPhone called my contacts back-up which takes all of your contacts then allows you to email them to yourself. I have the email but I am really hoping just in case that this app fails me, the store can do it for me. I plugged the phone into iTunes and it won't let me sync contacts to Gmail. It says you have to do it "Over the air". I also went to iCloud.com to take my contacts and export them. It then downloaded a file on my computer in a VCF format which I'm hoping is a good backup for me as well. How did everyone else go about copying their contacts over from their iOS device to their Note 3? Thanks for your help in advance!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. I finally decided I'm going with the Note 3. I'm going to buy it tomorrow but I have one question: How do I get my contacts from my iPhone to the Note 3? I am trading in my iPhone to AT&T so I will not have both phones at the same time. I could have sworn the lady at AT&T who helped me out said that she can transfer my contacts but I'm not 100% sure. Did anyone else have AT&T do this? I read from a google search that I can download an app on the iPhone called my contacts back-up which takes all of your contacts then allows you to email them to yourself. I have the email but I am really hoping just in case that this app fails me, the store can do it for me. I plugged the phone into iTunes and it won't let me sync contacts to Gmail. It says you have to do it "Over the air". I also went to iCloud.com to take my contacts and export them. It then downloaded a file on my computer in a VCF format which I'm hoping is a good backup for me as well. How did everyone else go about copying their contacts over from their iOS device to their Note 3? Thanks for your help in advance!
If you tell them to transfer your contacts they should be able to do it in a matter of minutes. My dad went from Android to iOS and Verizon did it for him :)

andyr3ad

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Back your iPhone up to your pc/mac before trading it in at version then when you get your note use samsung easy sync or kies air (not as reliable) on your pc/mac and it will find your iPhone back up and transfer all relevant data to your note. ie contacts messages calender entry's photos

Posted via Android Central App

zigzagler

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just migrated to Note 3 today - Officially off the iPhone syndrome (since 2007). :)

Anyway, got the telco shop to transfer my contacts over from my iPhone 5.

My question is: How do I sync/upload all the contacts to my gmail account? I've just setup my Google Account after the contacts transfer in the telco shop.

Should I just wait & the contacts will automatically appear in my Gmail contacts?

Cheers!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just migrated to Note 3 today - Officially off the iPhone syndrome (since 2007). :)

My question is: How do I sync/upload all the contacts to my gmail account? I've just setup my Google Account after the contacts transfer in the telco shop.

Should I just wait & the contacts will automatically appear in my Gmail contacts?

Cheers!
Go into your settings > accounts and click the backup your contacts option

mosimann

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Easy Phone Sync transfers everything, including Itunes library. You need to download the app on the phone and install the software on the computer.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

Cheers!

Welcome to Android Central! I suspect that when the shop transferred your contacts, they got deposited into the "Phone Account" of your Note 3. This account will not sync with a Google account, although it can usually be made to sync with other desktop software like Microsoft Outlook using 3rd party software, typically provided by the phone manufacturer or the wireless company. It's not an efficient way of syncing your contacts, and sometimes the companies will even charge you for the service. You can tell which account the contacts are in by selecting any of the contacts in your People or Contacts app (the name may vary depending on the phone), tapping Menu and then Edit, and seeing which account is displayed at the top of the screen.

If they're all Phone Contacts, and if you want to get them sync'ed with your Google account, then do the following general steps. Unfortunately, I can't give you exact steps, because I don't have a Note 3, and the menus may be a little different from my Nexus 7 and Razr Maxx, which are stock Android or close to it:

1. On the main screen of the People/Contacts app, tap the menu button and see if there is a way to display only your Phone Contacts.
2. Tap the menu button again and look for "Export Contacts."
3. Choose the option to export contacts to storage (not to SIM) as a .CSV file.
4. Once it has been exported, you can see if it is possible to immediately import that .CSV file back into your People/Contacts app, but specifying to import it into your Google Account.
5. If you can't do that, then use a file manager app to locate the .CSV file and upload it to Google Drive. Once in Google Drive, you could then download it to your desktop/laptop.
6. On your desktop/laptop, open Gmail in your browser, click on the Gmail dropdown in the upper left, and click Contacts.
7. Click on the More button, and then Import, then select the .CSV file you just transferred to your computer.
8. If the import was successful, all of your contacts should now be in your Google account, and should automatically sync to your phone.

I hope that wasn't too confusing.:confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38