How to solve 5ghz unstable

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you get this when you are right in front of the router?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

WillKhalifa420

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a dual band router and I had to call Rogers internet not cellular to reset and change sone settings on the back end of the system. Over 2 weeks no more problems

Posted via Android Central App

hehubado

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Jocelyn I have an Asus ac68u similar to the ac66u.... would you mind sharing your info.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Jocelyn I have an Asus ac68u similar to the ac66u.... would you mind sharing your info.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Change channel to 36 or 44 (Samsung bug that goes back to the S4), don't use spaces or underscores in the SSID name, and disable explicit forcebeaming under the professional tab. It's only been a little over 24 hours, but I haven't experienced any problems since.

PS - I've done a lot of searching in regards to the Note 3 & S4 in conjunction with Asus routers via smallnetbuilder and other sites.

Edit - Btw, I forget because I've now changed it, but wasn't the original name for the AC66U (AC68U in your case) 5G network Asus_5g?? Assuming that's what it comes with stock and I didn't make that the SSID name, using underscores is a BIG no no for an SSID and I believe this might have been a big part of the problem.

Jocelyn84

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a netgear dual band router N900 and it sucks with the Note 3, not sure if there is a fix

Are you using 2.4ghz or 5ghz? I would honestly never use 5ghz on an N router due to throughput limitations, latency potential, etc. AC is similar in a sense, but it's like having N times three for throughput potential.