Earbuds for the Note 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianca Horkan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Originally Posted by TXGTOU View Post
I found this pair of blue tooth headphones on sale..

Shnoop.com has LG Electronics Tone+ HBS-730 Bluetooth Stereo Wireless Headset (Bulk Packaging) for $37.99 when you apply coupon code uC8jO08i at checkout. Shipping is Free.

https://www.shnoop.com/deal-2143-lg-...kWX-HQd3QkVw40

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

That's a good price depending on how much shipping is. I've got a pair for my Note 3 and like them a lot.

So, how good is the call quality on these things?

I have a $71 gift card for Verizon and I'm still looking for a new headset.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I purchased my Note 3 outright from Tmobile. They came with bud. However, buds never worked for me. I looked at the Motorola S11 FLEX HD. Got BB to price matched them for $85. They sound dam good and their range is real long too.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
So, how good is the call quality on these things?

I have a $71 gift card for Verizon and I'm still looking for a new headset.

I have no experience with them. The bluebud X pair I have, the call quality is ok, but it's a little weird because you can't hear yourself talking since the earbuds cover both ears. I haven't had anyone complain about the voice quality yet.

If I were you, I'd use your credit to pay your phone bill. I've found Verizon's prices on most accessories to be typically marked up about 20%-30% more than I see them normally priced. Your best bet is to pay the bill with the credit and then use the money saved to get something cheaper, if you're allowed to pay your bill with the credit. Something tells me Verizon probably doesn't allow it though since they figure the credit's value is less if they force you to buy some of their over-priced accessories.

Android4life47

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Even if mine came with the headphones which they did just still use my beats by dre you can't compare the buds that come with the note 3 to the beats. Yes I understand not everyone can go buy a pair of $100.00 buds (thank god I got mine for free) but they sure make a difference in sound

SENT FROM MY BEAST THE NOTE 3

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Even if mine came with the headphones which they did just still use my beats by dre you can't compare the buds that come with the note 3 to the beats. Yes I understand not everyone can go buy a pair of $100.00 buds (thank god I got mine for free) but they sure make a difference in sound

Are yours beats from the Rezound or are they Beats that you purchased elsewhere? While I'd say the Beats that came from the Rezound are better than other cell phone provided earphones, I think you can probably buy a better sounding set for the same price elsewhere. That being said, I bought 3 pairs of Beats earphones a few years ago when some online bargain shop was selling OEM Rezound Beats earphones for about $40 a pair.

capcom303

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Use the ones I have from my Blackberry and they work just fine, cheap seem to be better for me. Got a nice pair from Zagg and they didn't last very long. It is sad the samsung is too cheap to include them with the note 3, just got 3 of there S4's and they came with buds and these phones were free

Android4life47

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
No I got these from my job that they gave me and I'm sorry to say this but iPhone buds suck they don't have the bass that beats have and they always have issues with the sound and they also gave me these headphones that are also use as speakers when you flip the headphones over they are called solo hd headphones

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Use the ones I have from my Blackberry and they work just fine, cheap seem to be better for me. Got a nice pair from Zagg and they didn't last very long. It is sad the samsung is too cheap to include them with the note 3, just got 3 of there S4's and they came with buds and these phones were free

Sadly, I think it's more Verizon being cheap. If I remember reading on here, Verizon versions are the only ones that didn't come pre-packaged with earphones.

No I got these from my job that they gave me and I'm sorry to say this but iPhone buds suck they don't have the bass that beats have and they always have issues with the sound and they also gave me these headphones that are also use as speakers when you flip the headphones over they are called solo hd headphones

I don't know if it's my advanced age, or just the fact that I've had enough experience with bass-heavy equipment (Although I still love my 15" Cerwin Vega home theater subwoofer that makes stuff fall off my mantle that's 10 feet away), but I've learned to appreciate equipment that has a dynamic range across the board. The bass heavy stuff tends to be bass heavy because they're masking the fact that they can't reproduce nice highs or mids. I like the full range of spectrum and I've found stuff like skull candy tend to be marketed towards the younger crowds that equate good earphones with loud booming bass. Give me a set of earphones that reproduce the highs and mid frequencies with great accuracy over the dull drone of just deep bass any day. Although, if I can have all 3 then that's preferred.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Sadly, I think it's more Verizon being cheap. If I remember reading on here, Verizon versions are the only ones that didn't come pre-packaged with earphones.

I don't know if it's my advanced age, or just the fact that I've had enough experience with bass-heavy equipment (Although I still love my 15" Cerwin Vega home theater subwoofer that makes stuff fall off my mantle that's 10 feet away), but I've learned to appreciate equipment that has a dynamic range across the board. The bass heavy stuff tends to be bass heavy because they're masking the fact that they can't reproduce nice highs or mids. I like the full range of spectrum and I've found stuff like skull candy tend to be marketed towards the younger crowds that equate good earphones with loud booming bass. Give me a set of earphones that reproduce the highs and mid frequencies with great accuracy over the dull drone of just deep bass any day. Although, if I can have all 3 then that's preferred.

No...you can't have my Cardas cabled AKG Q701s. :)

gp8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non